Donkey Kong Country 2: Serious Monkey Business - History

Geoffrey Taucer

A non-update update:

We have final cuts for about 2/3 of the project.

We haven't started on the album art or website; we'll probably save those for the very end.

Things have slowed down a bit on my end, largely due to my being extremely busy with gym-related stuff (mostly training in preparation to try to qualify for the national gymnastics championships), however progress has certainly not stopped, and we're still working to get this done.

So, I take it that the Game Over theme won't get featured on this album? Or will it get mixed in with another song perhaps? It's not an overly memorable source, but I was curious about it anyway since it was part of the soundtrack.

I've probably listened to the preview track over 30 times now, it's probably not a good idea to do that so frequently ._. I'll try to make myself stop listening to it until the project launches so I don't get burnt out.

Also, seeing Patrick Burns pick up another track is just awesome!

So, I take it that the Game Over theme won't get featured on this album? Or will it get mixed in with another song perhaps? It's not an overly memorable source, but I was curious about it anyway since it was part of the soundtrack.

I've probably listened to the preview track over 30 times now, it's probably not a good idea to do that so frequently ._. I'll try to make myself stop listening to it until the project launches so I don't get burnt out.

Also, seeing Patrick Burns pick up another track is just awesome!

We have a gameover mix by mithius.

You know guys, i happenned to listen to your demo of donkey kong 2 and found one of the songs to sound really familiar.I went through my playlist of music and found that I actually already own that song by tepid that was in the demo. I dont know where i found it first, or what site i got it from, it was a while ago. Anyway the name of it is crystal swamp and is 4:22 long on my playlist. I didnt see the name of the remix song on your remix list but isint that the same song thats on your project. The name of the artist on my playlist sais its tepid. Have you guys released some of the songs on your project early on alternative sites purposelly?

Are you sure it wasn't an early/demo version for feedback?

Yep theres no mistaking it. The part of the preview that comes in at the 1:55 and ends at the 2:30 mark. The actuall song is 4:22 long on my computer. The part that plays in the preview is near the end of the completed song at around the 2:50 mark. The,what sounds like, an electric guitar is played only from 2:58 to 3:43 so the electric guitar is really a treat for near the end of the actuall song. A, i guess its, a string guitar is played throughout the piece starting at around 0:44 and etc. Its a really nice song in my opinion. Its called crystal swamp, but i didint see the name of the remix posted here on the remix list. Are you saying I might be the only non project-er with this song at this point?

If memory serves, that song has been released for quite some time now, perhaps even longer than the project's been around. It's been on VGMix for a while, so unless I'm getting my dates mixed up, I'd guess that tepid just took an existing WIP/finished song and submitted it to the album.

If VGMix would load, I'd be able to look at upload dates and see if I'm right, but it's being a pain right now ._.

EDIT: According to VGMix comments, Crystal Swamp was first commented on on 1/15/08, a few months before this project was even started. Well, that explains how an early copy got released :P

Yeah I agree with emunattor. As i said, I've had this song in my playlist long before this project even got started. I figured I couldnt be the only one, as it sounded very familiar. Its a pretty piece of music. I too loved the guitar work. Anywho just curios. Good luck with the project and stuf.

If memory serves, that song has been released for quite some time now, perhaps even longer than the project's been around. It's been on VGMix for a while, so unless I'm getting my dates mixed up, I'd guess that tepid just took an existing WIP/finished song and submitted it to the album.

If VGMix would load, I'd be able to look at upload dates and see if I'm right, but it's being a pain right now ._.

EDIT: According to VGMix comments, Crystal Swamp was first commented on on 1/15/08, a few months before this project was even started. Well, that explains how an early copy got released :P

Well, the project was started before this thread was started.

Still.... that's bizzarre. If I recall correctly, tepid was still sending me unfinished WIPs well after that...