Donkey Kong Country 2: Serious Monkey Business - History

Geoffrey Taucer

Well, the project was started before this thread was started.

Still.... that's bizzarre. If I recall correctly, tepid was still sending me unfinished WIPs well after that...

The project started back in October or November of' 07. I seem to remember there being unfinished WIPs up until April '08 or so, maybe longer.

Maybe the other one wasn't the final version of the track? (i.e. minor tweaks left to be done)

• 2 weeks later...

This is gearing up to be one of the most epic tracks I've heard.

Kicking myself in the ass for only hearing the preview now and not realising the sheer mind blowing awesomeness of this sooner.

Can't wait until this comes out!

Seriously...

I can't wait... (Starts to rock back on forth expectantly, hoping to go through time.)

Things have also been a bit slow on my end because for the past 3 months I've dealt with a REALLY shitty personal situation, but now I'm ready to get on people's cases again and keep this project moving.

The only thing I promise as regards to the project release date is that it will come out this year. The FF4 project will come out first, and as to when that will come out, I am going to keep my lips shut on that one.

There are some special things that might happen for this project though that I absolutely will not spoil until close to release.

This is gearing up to be one of the most epic tracks I've heard.

Kicking myself in the ass for only hearing the preview now and not realising the sheer mind blowing awesomeness of this sooner.

Can't wait until this comes out!

Seriously...

I can't wait... (Starts to rock back on forth expectantly, hoping to go through time.)

As I said, there are still some surprises with the project - stay tuned!

• 2 weeks later...

Project is well and alive, even if there is no special news for the masses. The project will probably come out around October or November, although we aim to be finished with all the stuff on our end well beforehand.

So I bought DKC 2 on the VC a week or two ago, and am up to the Lava place. I had forgotten how veiled some of the secrets were in the game, but so far up to the point I'm at, I have a perfect for bonuses & DK coins. One thing I've noticed though is that the game doesn't look terribly great on HDTVs :sad: . Such a shame, since I have a 50" 1080p DLP.

Project is well and alive, even if there is no special news for the masses. The project will probably come out around October or November, although we aim to be finished with all the stuff on our end well beforehand.

So I bought DKC 2 on the VC a week or two ago, and am up to the Lava place. I had forgotten how veiled some of the secrets were in the game, but so far up to the point I'm at, I have a perfect for bonuses & DK coins. One thing I've noticed though is that the game doesn't look terribly great on HDTVs :sad: . Such a shame, since I have a 50" 1080p DLP.

Haha, I only just recently (as in a month or two ago) beat the game for the first time, and just this past week got 102% completion.

The lost world is brutal -- the game designers pulled some brilliantly sadistic dick moves in some of those levels.

Haha, I only just recently (as in a month or two ago) beat the game for the first time, and just this past week got 102% completion.

The lost world is brutal -- the game designers pulled some brilliantly sadistic dick moves in some of those levels.

Several months ago, I got 102% for the first time as well. And yeah, that Lost World is just plain cruel sometimes. It's a good thing extra lives are so easy to come by in that game. I might have gotten pretty pissed otherwise.

Animal Antics.

Even if it had some tough levels, you have to admit they were fun as hell.

Really, I thought the Castle world had more "dick move" type stuff. Most notably the acid level and Castle Crusher.

Haha, I actually just made some money off of DKC2 the other day. I bet my brother that I could beat the game 102% in one day, without getting any game overs, and beating my previous personal best time (5 hours and 3 minutes.) I ended up beating it in 4:30 :D

'course, it was only 5 bucks and I got paid in spare change, but still... money for playing videogames is always good!

There were some levels that just sucked in terms of repeatedly dying... I can't remember any aside from the obvious Animal Antics, but it did remind me just how hard this game could be at times!

I plan on rerunning the game again right before this album releases, too. I'd like to get some other people from this site to do the same thing and we'll compete for bragging rights :P

Really, I thought the Castle world had more "dick move" type stuff. Most notably the acid level and Castle Crusher.

God, I hate both of those levels. Especially the acid one. Castle Crusher isn't too bad if you pay attention to the enemies' patterns, but the acid level just plain sucks.

Yep. I think I spent something like 75-100 lives on this level in total, first time through.

I'm a little bummed we have to wait till October/November but I know FFIV is happening first, and I'm pretty excited about that one too.

I'm sure we can send out advance copies of the project to all of the mixers or something like that...considering how far in advance it's projecting to be finished.