Donkey Kong Country 2: Serious Monkey Business - History

Geoffrey Taucer

I am fully prepared for the backlash that my track creates when the project is released and people hear it. It has several strikes against it for most average listeners

1. There are vocals

2. Said vocals are death metal growls

3. Song is heavier than your average VG cover (by a mile)

The only thing it has going for it maybe are that the lyrics are very humorous, but still some people will skip it five seconds in once they hear the vocals.

Their loss.

I am fully prepared for the backlash that my track creates when the project is released and people hear it. It has several strikes against it for most average listeners

1. There are vocals

The only thing it has going for it maybe are that the lyrics are very humorous, but still some people will skip it five seconds in once they hear the vocals.

Their loss.

I am SOOO looking forward to this now. I've done a little screamin' / growls for an older band of mine I used to be a part of so it will be nice bit of nostalgia. :nicework:

1. There are vocals

Their loss.

No no no, vocals are okay when they are METULLLLLL.

It's only when there are RAP vocals that people get angry because OMG RAP IS NOT MUSIC.

OMG when is this going to be released??? The suspense is killing me! I keep hearing about these leaked tracks but aren't bothering to find and listen to them. I don't want to ruin the listening pleasure nor my own judgment.

I JUST KNOW IT"S GOING TO BE AWESOME!!!

/end rant

edit: Do my eyes deceive me? More greenage? Yays! ^.^

As the death metal vocalist I think I can safely share my opinion on rap vocals. There's actually a lot of similarity between death vocals and rap vocals. Death vocals, mainly monotone, with a ferocious changing of pitch between growling and screaming, but not really based too much on melody. Usually based on rhythmic timing.

Rap vocals on the other hand... usually pretty much the same thing, but without the growling or screaming. Monotone, almost like speaking in a rhythmic manner. Though I believe growls can express a lot more emotion than raping. Rap vocals stop being rap vocals when they introduce melody or auto-tune, with the exception of douchebags like Kanye West who put auto-tune on their monotone talking.

I'm obviously biased so I can't say one is better than the other, I'll just say they are fairly equal, at least on the surface. It takes a lot more vocal effort and control to be able to pull off a constant string of growling.

As the death metal vocalist I think I can safely share my opinion on rap vocals. There's actually a lot of similarity between death vocals and rap vocals. Death vocals, mainly monotone, with a ferocious changing of pitch between growling and screaming, but not really based too much on melody. Usually based on rhythmic timing.

Rap vocals on the other hand... usually pretty much the same thing, but without the growling or screaming. Monotone, almost like speaking in a rhythmic manner. Though I believe growls can express a lot more emotion than raping. Rap vocals stop being rap vocals when they introduce melody or auto-tune, with the exception of douchebags like Kanye West who put auto-tune on their monotone talking.

I'm obviously biased so I can't say one is better than the other, I'll just say they are fairly equal, at least on the surface. It takes a lot more vocal effort and control to be able to pull off a constant string of growling.

ight i dont agree with you. see theyre two kinds of rap the one you speak of is called bubble gum rap and we all know that shit is trash the other form is hip hop which is more real i would say no garbage or anything. now to break it down for you to me i strongly feel that death metal vox doesnt hold a candle to rap vox...come on now death metal is nothing but screaming in rap/hip hop theres the hook...chorus ..punchlines etc. theres more work in the vox then jus hearing 4 mins of screaming *cough* mars volta. also reguardless auto tune or not rap vox are still rap vox...jus look at lil wayne. also tupac and biggies lyrics changed the game they took time to write theyre lyrics. so rap isnt monotone in certain songs theyre alot of good ear candy and voice inflections.

So, two green tracks, two orange and one brown track, awesome! This seems to be moving along nicely. I look forward to Hale's rapping. And I think I'll stay out of the line of fire on the Death Metal vs. Rap issue, manly because I like both. :-P