Donkey Kong Country 2: Serious Monkey Business - History

Geoffrey Taucer

So just a status update - we are in need of $1200 total, and we currently have about $400 for the physical printing. We are in need of $800 more. If you donate $40, you will get a copy as thanks! Donate now and help us make this a reality!

Did I ever donate? I'm pretty sure I didn't but I told you to remind me :D If you say "yo, dkc2, $40" Friday 13th you'll get some moolah right away

<3 <3 <3

Yeah. What does the $1200 pay for exactly? Will the physical copies be for sale to, I dunno, anyone? How many copies will be made and what will they cost a piece? Who gets the money from the sales - OCR?

In that case, I'd rather pay the lower price and have that money donated to OCR than pay the higher price so that others can buy it for the lower price, since I'll get a copy either way.

Yeah. What does the $1200 pay for exactly? Will the physical copies be for sale to, I dunno, anyone?
Unless things have changed since last week, they won't be for sale: According to Bahamut "These are never for selling."

Also: did you get my last PM, Bahamut? If everything's all good I can send my donation tomorrow.

Well, it's not a for sale thing - CD printings for OCR are always promotional, and never for sale. This will be a 2-3 CD album (hopefully 2, but we are cutting it very close on minutes per CD), so I'm guessing costs will be similar to FF4's printing, although we should be able to print more CDs as we're going the digipak route. If I remember right, FF4 only printed 200 copies or so? OA probably can correct me on this though, but the number sounded quite low. I have to check the numbers when we have all of the material ready for printing the CDs.

Remember, getting a physical copy is a gift of thanks - I could just as easily foot this bill myself, as I have the cash, but it's a lot of money for one person to pay for. I will naturally foot the necessary difference, but I'm hoping I don't have to.

All interested people, paypal the $ to wesley.cho@gmail.com . The amount is up to all of you of course as to what you want to donate. Some have donated quite a bit!

jmr: I did get your PM

pu_freak: Thanks for your donation!

Another Soundscape: Sure if you want

Ok, just to get this straight, these CD's are promotional. What does that mean? You give them away for free at various events that OCReMix attends? To ordinary people like myself (were I to attend) or to people "in the biz"? Both? I feel like I've been missing out on something very fundamental and simple here. I'm in no way trying to question what you're doing, I just don't understand how this works, and everyone else seems to.

Well, it's not a for sale thing - CD printings for OCR are always promotional, and never for sale. This will be a 2-3 CD album (hopefully 2, but we are cutting it very close on minutes per CD), so I'm guessing costs will be similar to FF4's printing, although we should be able to print more CDs as we're going the digipak route. If I remember right, FF4 only printed 200 copies or so? OA probably can correct me on this though, but the number sounded quite low. I have to check the numbers when we have all of the material ready for printing the CDs.

FF4 had a print run of 200 three-disc sets.

Ok, just to get this straight, these CD's are promotional. What does that mean? You give them away for free at various events that OCReMix attends? To ordinary people like myself (were I to attend) or to people "in the biz"? Both? I feel like I've been missing out on something very fundamental and simple here. I'm in no way trying to question what you're doing, I just don't understand how this works, and everyone else seems to.

We do give them out for free at various stuff like at OCR panels at various conventions, or when available offer to give them as a gift when people purchase OCR merchandise in person at said conventions. They are never sold individually for profit, as OCR is a non-profit organization and is about promoting the music.

So will there be a torrent for this album? I've been anxious to see how this one turned out and the anticipation is killing me. o.o

As Kyle responded above, there will of course be a torrent!

I'm going to hype this up by saying you probably won't be disappointed - people did a phenomenal job, and I really can't state enough how happy I am with everyone's effort. It's truly something that I feel honors the original work pretty well.

i am proud and i haven't even heard but, like, 15% of the project

so i imagine you would be fairly proud having heard 100%

Let's see... I've heard 5 completed tracks (Fishy, Audix, Tepid, Nekofrog, and OA's) 1 almost-complete track (Taucer's) and then at least 20+ minutes worth of preview tracks... So I'd say I'm probably a bit more than 15% spoiled but I'll echo your sentiment :-P

This project will be amazing, no question about it.