Donkey Kong Country 2: Serious Monkey Business - History

Geoffrey Taucer

Such blind fanaticism here. All you people are gonna be disappointed when you hear that Dave Wise chose to do "Donkey Kong Rescued" in the style of "My Humps". Actually, I bet he could still make that sound awesome.

The so-2005, Black-Eyed-Peas'-only-bad-song, annoying-as-they-come "My Humps"?

Will it sound like

At least that's better than the Black Eyed Peas' original version. A sad piano drama isn't unheard of on other albums, but on this one, it still wouldn't suffice. Donkey Kong Country revolves more around comedy than drama.

And skrypnyk, the Black Eyed Peas songs before "My Humps" were at least mediocre-to-decent. "My Humps" was (beep)ing terrible.

"Beep" was the worst song ever (surpassed only recently by LMFAO's "I'm In Miami Bitch").

What are those two songs and band LMFAO?

Nah, that's "My Humps" in the style of Tori Amos, or something. That's backwards. What I'm talking about is closer to this:

That sounds so embarrassing. I can't keep a straight face 4 seconds in.

fix d

Why did you try to fix that?

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=104289

David Wise left Rare! "I think the business of Rare has changed a great deal, and at the moment there is just not the opportunity to create the soundtracks that Rare were fortunately very famous for."

I'd bet the farm that his participation in this project had at least a little to do with that decision. Think we made him long a bit for the 'good ole days?'

Best of luck to him in his job search (if he's indeed in the midst of one).

I'll bet this wouldn't have happened if RARE could just get the XBOX series right! Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Live & Reloaded, Perfect Dark Zero! They were all such huge disappointments that I'd have left if I worked alongside David Wise.

Anyways, 4 more tracks! The anticipation is degrasively heavy!

I'm not sure why, but the fact that this thread hasn't had a reply in 6 days really bothered me to the point of me logging in after 2 years of inactivity.

That being said, I'm reeeaaally looking forward to this album. I've heard nothing but good things, especially involving Nicole Adams' take on Hot Head Bop (really, a duet between Diddy and Dixie? That sounds incredible). And of course, I can't WAAAAIT for Dave Wise's remix of Donkey Kong Rescued (when I found out Dave, Robin AND Grant were working it, I was at a loss of words. I kinda still am).

I also haven't heard the preview and don't intend to. As much as I'd LOVE to, I'd rather everything be one big surprise to me.

No, it's because there's still 4 tracks left to be finished and (I'm assuming) the website/physical printing/final release details aren't finalized yet. Last time I checked the release was slated for sometime this month, but if that's the case it looks like the project directors will have to haul ass to get it all ready. By way of comparison, it took almost a month, if memory serves, from the time the music aspect of Humans + Gears was finalized to the point of actually releasing the album to the public. The behind-the-scenes work takes up a lot more time than most of us know.