Donkey Kong Country 2: Serious Monkey Business - History

Geoffrey Taucer

After the initial printing or whatnot, you could try amazon.com mp3 downloads... Xerol has one set up and you probably heard about it already, but http://www.createspace.com/

I'm thinking about trying it too

https://www.createspace.com/Products/CD/ <-- make CDs too

If you make the CD at that site, they'll send you a free proof now, and you can self-order up to like 500 copies for $2.97 (PER CD)... though shorter orders like 49 copies cost more, $4.95

If you have trouble finding all the donations you need for a "serious" printing, you could maybe try something like that

So another tease for you anxious listeners: http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?p=625895#post625895

I apologize that we weren't able to get out the album for the year :-( . Things are looking like they should definitely be 100% done next month though - we only have a few holdups left, so the odds are looking very good!

Must... not... listen! x_x

*listens*

Okay, I only listened enough to figure out what song it was, then I closed out so as not to ruin the surprise, but... for anyone curious, it's the updated version of Mining Melancholy that was released on the radio show :-P

I listened to all of it (I have a terrible habit of spoiling myself too much XD). All I'll tell you is that this song is so much better than the previous version; and I actually enjoyed the lyrics despite the fact that I'm not very fond of rap. I could be being bias though XD.

Also, WHOOT, Virt's track is coming! I've really enjoyed some of his works - and it looks like djp

Right, I've been following this project for a long time now, and Donkey Kong Country 2 definitely has my favourite game soundtrack ever. :D But I listened to that preview and....oh good god. WHY? Why destroy Mining Melancholy by rapping over it? It's like drawing a cock on the Mona Lisa!

I'm sorry if I'm being a bit harsh, and I understand and appreciate that a lot of hard work and effort has gone into this project. And I know that not everyone hates rap music. But would it be possible to release a version of the song without lyrics in? And if there's rapping over Stickerbrush Symphony, there will be blood.

Right, I've been following this project for a long time now, and Donkey Kong Country 2 definitely has my favourite game soundtrack ever. :D But I listened to that preview and....oh good god. WHY? Why destroy Mining Melancholy by rapping over it? It's like drawing a cock on the Mona Lisa!

I'm sorry if I'm being a bit harsh, and I understand and appreciate that a lot of hard work and effort has gone into this project. And I know that not everyone hates rap music. But would it be possible to release a version of the song without lyrics in? And if there's rapping over Stickerbrush Symphony, there will be blood.

fuck off

edit: okay that might be a bit too harsh, but really, we've been through this already, don't start this again.

Right, I've been following this project for a long time now, and Donkey Kong Country 2 definitely has my favourite game soundtrack ever. :D But I listened to that preview and....oh good god. WHY? Why destroy Mining Melancholy by rapping over it?

As I said several pages ago, the source is very well suited to it. The bulk of it is beat-driven, with brief melodic breaks, which is perfect for rap.

It's like drawing a cock on the Mona Lisa!

That would be pretty awesome.

I'm sorry if I'm being a bit harsh, and I understand and appreciate that a lot of hard work and effort has gone into this project. And I know that not everyone hates rap music. But would it be possible to release a version of the song without lyrics in?

No. It wouldn't.

And if there's rapping over Stickerbrush Symphony, there will be blood.

There isn't currently, but we still have time. I'll talk to Josh about it, and tell him you requested it.

Okay, I'm sorry if I offended you guys, I didn't read the past discussions and I have no musical talent whatsoever. So I wouldn't have known if Mining Melancholy is good for a rap beat or not. I just love DKC2 and its soundtrack so damn much.

Okay, I'm sorry if I offended you guys, I didn't read the past discussions and I have no musical talent whatsoever. So I wouldn't have known if Mining Melancholy is good for a rap beat or not. I just love DKC2 and its soundtrack so damn much.

If you love it that damn much, why are you so closed minded about what they want to do with their album, especially if you have no musical talent? I'm not gonna respond back so reply if you want, I just saw that really ignorant post and decided to say somethin but keepin in mind this is someone elses' thread so I didn't say anything harsh.

It's still not clear to me if any unfortunate circumstances have arisen in this project's development, but I'll be happy to see it released in January 2010. I thought they'd release BOTH The MissingNo Tracks and MegaMan 9 (beta name Back In Blue) before this.

And If I interpreted one of Teeth's posts correctly, he loved the OST to DKC2, but he didn't want the remix to sound just anyhow.

And to all those talking about the cock on Mona Lisa... did it ever occur to you that in past millennia, it was a symbol of fertility?

ROFL people who hate hip-hop.

You know what? I think Jose did a fucking good job with his writing and flow. I certainly couldn't do any better. In fact, the rest of the song is fantastic as well.

How about this, Teeth? Why don't you teach yourself how to use a music program like FruityLoops or ProTools or some junk and DO YOUR OWN RENDITION? Instead of being close-minded and hurtful, why not try to one-up them instead?

And while you're at it, why not listen to some fantastic hip-hop music instead of the Hot 100, and really learn why it's a beautiful method of expression worth defending.

edit: also, GTAHater836 (rofl), I'm pretty sure they're kidding about there being a giant dick painted on the front of the mona lisa's mouth.

Excuse me, my intention wasn't to be hurtful - I stated clearly that I could understand that a lot of effort had been put in, and I respected that. I also said that I'm not a musician myself, and there's no way I could do better. Really I just stated my own, personal opinion, which I don't have to change because you don't agree with me, and asked if it would be possible for me to listen to a version without lyrics.

Nobody is really upset, Teeth. We all have those awesome ReMixes in our heads we're waiting for someone to make, but wanting and waiting for something doesn't mean you're entitled to it, or are justified in acting indignant when it doesn't turn out how you want it. That's a common reaction for a lot of people, and everyone here is used to reacting to it. Next time, just tell Taucer how much you love it and want a karaoke version of it.

You can't upset any of the guys on the Mining Melancholy mix (hence the sarcastic reactions), but it could just have easily been a newbie trying to build confidence.

Anyway, seems to me like we all understand each other at this point.

Now really, where is that cock on the Mona Lisa edit? You dudes are getting slow these days... I expected better!

I was at work; cut me a break.

moan-ing.jpg

So, I've built quite a reputation for ruining music. Now that HD Remix is a complete disaster, I'm ready to do the same for Dave Wise. I've helped to create a real work of art by programming the bassline, the drums, and the percussion, as well as writing nearly the entire chorus. We meant for it to be an instrumental where people can imagine their own lead vocal performance, but then I had to go and rap.