Donkey Kong Country 2: Serious Monkey Business - History

Geoffrey Taucer

So, I've built quite a reputation for ruining music. Now that HD Remix is a complete disaster, I'm ready to do the same for Dave Wise. I've helped to create a real work of art by programming the bassline, the drums, and the percussion, as well as writing nearly the entire chorus. We meant for it to be an instrumental where people can imagine their own lead vocal performance, but then I had to go and rap.

How dare you!? Rapping, bah! And I thought you would have stopped after that whole "Spittin Narcissism" deal. Some Remixers just don't learn. (For those who can't take a joke, I'm being sarcastic. Loved both songs.)

I look forward to the finishing touches to this in 2010. Should be an awesome year!

Hehe, you might consider being careful with your words Emunator:razz:.

On that note, I've experianced much what other people have in terms of hearing a remixed music that they weren't expecting (Or were towards their tastes). Through this, I've learned to take away my expectancy of music tracks and simply listen to the track for what it is; an expression and work of art.

Of course, this thought process occaisonally fails XD

If you want to rid yourself of that vice, it's a mixed bag. For example, I usually preconceive a remix track as having the same note key, time configuration, and measure span (I know I have the terminology wrong, but I don't know the correct words) as the source material. Unfortunately, I also pay heed to the environment the ReMix is suited for. A case in point is Hedgehog Heaven: Cavern Escape. The first half of the track sounds really deep and dark, like is suited for a vast cavern, but the second half... I didn't think the piano sounded proper for such a track.

Rap songs to me are just like a bunch of dandelions polluting a field of beautiful flowers. There are so many of them, they're all the same, and frankly, they're just plain annoying... But hey, I'm no hater. I think the song was well done. I'm so pumped to hear the rest of the album!!! :-D Yeah!!! Finish!!!!

I read somewhere that virt turned in his track for Flight of the Zinger. Was I hallucinating? The only reason I'd want DJ Pretzel to make those two tracks the highest priority of their kind is because if my eyes did NOT deceive me, they'd be the keystone to this album.

Hey, I was just looking over the tracklist and realized there's one missing. Did no one want to do the song when you have to race the black bird with Squawks? It's the only level on the flying krok (besides K. Rool). Or is it actually on there, just under a name I didn't recognize? I always thought that level had a pretty good vibe.

Hey, I was just looking over the tracklist and realized there's one missing. Did no one want to do the song when you have to race the black bird with Squawks? It's the only level on the flying krok (besides K. Rool). Or is it actually on there, just under a name I didn't recognize?
Bad Bird Rag (claimed by Mazedude)

spaceib.gif