Donkey Kong Country 2: Serious Monkey Business - History

Geoffrey Taucer

The tracks have been done for months, they're just waiting for the right time... like, they have the statistics for what month of the year and the time of day that the site of most active. They're waiting for March 13th at 4pm. You just got learned, foo!

The above statement is a complete fabrication and has no factual basis whatsoever. It is purely meant for comedic purposes. If you were offended, or actually believed it, then... that's your problem! Deal with it, nerrd! ;)

You can wait the hour or 2 hours or however long until your class is over... your education is important! You waited for DKC2 for this long, another couple hours won't hurt. I'm not saying this to offend any DKC2 people, I just think that education is very, very important. :)

serious monkey business IS education, friend :)

Canada's Foreign Service can wait for Serious Monkey Business. Actually, if anything, Summoning of Spirits was worse - I was second-year then, so my courses were lecture-based. Anymore, I just write a ton of crapola. Serious Monkey Business will consume my waking hours that day...

Canada's Foreign Service can wait for Serious Monkey Business. Actually, if anything, Summoning of Spirits was worse - I was second-year then, so my courses were lecture-based. Anymore, I just write a ton of crapola. Serious Monkey Business will consume my waking hours that day...

Oh, well if it is even remotely Canada-related... have fun listening to DKC2 on release day! :)

Oh, well if it is even remotely Canada-related... have fun listening to DKC2 on release day! :)

That's what I figured! Besides, Parliament is prorogued, anyways. So their 'wa(n)king hours' are spent doing stupid stuff. I, meanwhile, will enjoy a release-day vacation!

Have they already finished the album art for the project?

I just caught wind of the project and I want to be involved. I've currently been working on the Essence of Lime project but the covers and CD art are already pretty much done and I'm looking to do some more cover art for other projects, and DKC2 happens to be my favorite of the series.

Best music, best visual style/environments and all in all it's simply epic. So to be able to art to capture that would be awesome, but I figure this project is nearing completion from what I've read... but if they need CD art and labels, I'd love to do it.

So if anyone knows let me know.

Peace;

Have they already finished the album art for the project?

I just caught wind of the project and I want to be involved. I've currently been working on the Essence of Lime project but the covers and CD art are already pretty much done and I'm looking to do some more cover art for other projects, and DKC2 happens to be my favorite of the series.

Best music, best visual style/environments and all in all it's simply epic. So to be able to art to capture that would be awesome, but I figure this project is nearing completion from what I've read... but if they need CD art and labels, I'd love to do it.

So if anyone knows let me know.

Peace;

I think we have art covered already, but thanks for the offer!

My friend has had a bunch of things happen recently and so is behind - if you want to take a stab, show us a mockup/rough picture.
I'll definitely take a stab at this and create a very quick mock up... I will say though that if you if you can give a small piece of advice to what kind of image you want to capture that would be appreciated;

eg. serious, light hearted, dark/moody/ cartoon-y, comic like, realistic... ect.

Honestly any feedback from project leaders helps make it easier for me to cater to the desires of what is wanted.

I'll whip up a demo just to show my efficiency and skill although as an artist I can create some original art.

Thanks and I'll have everything in order soon.

Standard fan art fare would fit the bill, i.e. like how the fan art for Samus generally is straightforward in depicting her stylistically.

So you would like some characters from the game on the cover, as opposed to a more simplistic cover with a label right?

I'll create something then fan-art-ish. Then I'll go with a style and see where it takes me from there.

Ok so yeah I'm working on a possible Album art/CD cover seeing as it was mentioned that it was up for grabs.

DKCSMB.jpg

I want to do something that people would approve of, and so I've come up with some what of a demo of something I whipped up a few days ago. I've been tinkering with it and it still needs something. It's obviously unfinished but that's a good thing because it's a better way to get feedback.

So please unload your feedback if you can. Ideas, considerations, alternate art style choices for the cover... I'm flexible and fast. I'm personally working on a hand drawn cover, but that takes a bit more time and I wanted to whip up a demo cover piece to show that I've been working on something, not to mention I want to get the feedback of those already apart of this project.

So yes give your opinions, it would be greatly appreciated, I'll add and make modifications and all that jazz based on feedback. With a little time I'll have something more original as well. Hand drawn stuff takes time though.