Donkey Kong Country 2: Serious Monkey Business - History

Geoffrey Taucer

Even if I don't get a copy of the CD (Though it'd be nice if I did :-P. I did just pay $40 mind you), it felt good simply donating. This is an album that is paying tribute to my childhood video game after all, and I already hold a lot of anticipation for this project; enough to say that I can't turn a donation. Though we have yet to listen to whole deal, just from the previews the artists on board have no doubt they've done a fantastic job with this.

It's good to hear your near your target. On a side, it's the month of the 'early next month' you guys were talking about *Waits patiently and diligently*

where will you be selling this album, itunes, walmart, how much does it cost? i'd like to get an actual copy:-P
CD printings for OCR are always promotional, and never for sale.

$40 (in the U.S.A, more for international shipping) will land you a copy of the album as they are still in need of money to print the CDs for said promotional needs.

All interested people, paypal the $ to wesley.cho@gmail.com . The amount is up to all of you of course as to what you want to donate.

Even if I don't get a copy of the CD (Though it'd be nice if I did :-P. I did just pay $40 mind you), it felt good simply donating. This is an album that is paying tribute to my childhood video game after all, and I already hold a lot of anticipation for this project; enough to say that I can't turn a donation. Though we have yet to listen to whole deal, just from the previews the artists on board have no doubt they've done a fantastic job with this.

It's good to hear your near your target. On a side, it's the month of the 'early next month' you guys were talking about *Waits patiently and diligently*

Ha I'm sure everyone will get sent it. I just sent wesley cho more $$$ to reach the quota. I hope my donation helped you guys reach your goal!! I wanna say it also "pays tribute to my childhood video game" but I was only 5 when my uncle introduced it to me. If anything I just enjoyed watching other people play it and collect bananas...hahaha.

Just a suggestion, when this gets released and gets its own torrent I think there should be a torrent with both mp3 and flac files. that way people can just choose which ones they want. I think what's most preferred is mp3 at v0 quality (~320kbps) and flac files with a .cue file to be used to burn proper audio CDs.

Also, is there a preferred method of linking to (from a blog/website) the project website upon completion?

Why FLAC when you could WAV? Then let whoever wants a FLAC make it from the WAV. I'd rather have the high quality original WAVs that you could burn on a disc. :x

WAV's take a lot of space, and I don't think the difference between the sound quality of a wav and a FLAC is that noticeable. I can't even tell between a 192 kbps mp3 and a wav. :/

And why make the listener do it? That seems awfully lazy to just make the people do it instead of the people on the project doing it.

This may sound heretical, but - why FLAC?

It's the single most inconvenient formatting I've ever seen. It doesn't play with anything, it's massive, it doesn't burn, it doesn't sync, and it's really not a great audio boost, so far as I know. Listening to the two (and I may sound like a stupid for this), I can't tell them apart. So, unless someone out there has a mecha-massoton of speakers chilllin' by their compy (and I'm sure that someone exists), what's the point?

I'm not saying don't release it in .FLAC, I'm just not-too-sure what the point is of .FLAC at all.

I'll just explain real quick why FLAC would be the better choice:

1. mp3 is a lossy format, FLAC is not [it is indeed lossless], it keeps the original quality of the wav file, where as mp3 cuts away some of the stuff humans can't hear (most humans) and uses it's own compression algorithm. Think of FLAC as a zipped WAV file...but playable.

2. FLACs are easily burnable to CDs by using many many many programs which support FLAC. I reccomend Burrrn. To play FLAC files just use VLC media player.

3. Another benefit is that you can archive all of your wav files (backing up cds, for example) and save a lot of room. Once you convert to mp3, converting back to WAV is detrimental to the audio.

I hope the explanation helped.

Why FLAC when you could WAV? Then let whoever wants a FLAC make it from the WAV. I'd rather have the high quality original WAVs that you could burn on a disc. :x

That's a dumb argument. FLAC is lossless and very easily burnable/convertable. It's just smaller in filesize. Also on an idealistic note it's open source, cross-platform and the more sites supporting it - the better the format will get as a whole.

WAV's take a lot of space, and I don't think the difference between the sound quality of a wav and a FLAC is that noticeable. I can't even tell between a 192 kbps mp3 and a wav. :/

And why make the listener do it? That seems awfully lazy to just make the people do it instead of the people on the project doing it.

The sound quality between a wav and FLAC is not noticeable, they're both lossless. Both are the same audio quality. FLAC is just smaller.

I'll just explain real quick why FLAC would be the better choice:

1. mp3 is a lossless format, FLAC is not, it keeps the original quality of the wav file, where as mp3 cuts away some of the stuff humans can't hear (most humans) and uses it's own compression algorithm. Think of FLAC as a zipped WAV file...but playable.

2. FLACs are easily burnable to CDs by using many many many programs which support FLAC. I reccomend Burrrn. To play FLAC files just use VLC media player.

3. Another benefit is that you can archive all of your wav files (backing up cds, for example) and save a lot of room. Once you convert to mp3, converting back to WAV is detrimental to the audio.

I hope the explanation helped.

Quick note: MP3 is LOSSY and FLAC is LOSSLESS. Don't confuse the terms.