Donkey Kong Country 2: Serious Monkey Business - History

Geoffrey Taucer

Looks like I might've been too optimistic :-( - but just so everyone knows djp has been working real hard on his song. I know he has poured a ton of time into it, so let's relax here. Its been on high priority with him for a while.
I have no problems with someone taking more time, I hope more people can be just as patient. I mean lets face it this project is what can be called an endeavor of love for the music of the game.

If someone feels a song isn't complete, or that they are unsatisfied with it then they should be given a bit more time to tweak. Cause in the end the final product should be something all who worked on it are at the very least satisfied.

Although I totally understand the way of an artist, always hoping to improve and make something better... some say art is never truly complete even. The mere hope is to find satisfaction with a piece of work.

By the way I thought I'd mention I've finished work and submitted the cover art up to OA, here's hoping he gets it. I believe every aspect of the packaging art has been completed and is set to go, Emunator was doing some final touches on portions of the cover art, and said he had finished his part, so this would make it complete now.

Also... is there still time to put in a donation through pay pal or something? Has the goal been reached? I know I'd personally shell out a contribution if there is a vague chance of getting a physical copy at some point.

Just curios on it all, lol. Can't wait to see the released product!

I'm going to attempt another speed run of DKC2 later in the week - my best time is 2:51 for a 102% complete run and it's my 7th attempt. I'm hoping to get it down to 2:30 or better!

Holy shit, dude.

Also, don't worry, we'll get you a physical album. It'd be a real dick move on our part to have you do the art and not give you a copy.

Wow, really? That's awesome :-) I was honestly just doing the art 'cause I genuinely love this project and DKC2 and wanted to help out, so that's a nice bonus. Thanks dude :-)

And yeah, later on this week I'll try and find a way to get a live stream going so you guys can watch me speed run the game all the way through in one sitting. I might even pick up a cheap microphone so you can hear me get pissed off at the Lost World levels :-P

I vaguely remember Jose referring to himself as a bottleneck dolphin. I wonder if his trailer is done yet... ;) Man there's a lot of stuff that needs done for an album. Artwork, website, etc. Not good to save stuff like that for the last minute. :-D

"May turn out to be," but I'm not the bottleneck yet. I'm waiting on certain stuff from other peeps - no, you don't get specifics - before I can move further at my end.

Interview for you guys to all read! http://www.originalsoundversion.com/?p=7694

For those curious about djp's progress - a few days ago he told me he was 80% done with the intro, and made progress on Funky (which should be the easier track for him to finish), so we *should* be having a release within the next 2-3 weeks. The website is basically finished, and album artwork as well. Every track is in but djp's - we're almost good to go!

Nekofrog, I salute your shorts.

edit: for a Nickelodeon reference that sure sounds p gay

this post brought to you by extreme sleep deprivation

I know how you feel. Wow, my Birthday is in 3 weeks! This is going to be the best present for me if it does come out next month! Go DJP! :smile:

by the way, i can mirror the finished files, if you'd like me to.

i wouldn't mirror the mp3 files, i assume our lovely coordinators have that already set up, but i wouldnt mind hosting the FLAC files. I could make a small text page with short instructions on how to burn or listen.

direct links, of course.