Donkey Kong Country 2: Serious Monkey Business - History

Geoffrey Taucer

Wow, they kinda hated on the tales album, but good review though, it didn't ramble on a bunch of already known facts. I actually didn't read the song description part because I don't like to see things before they actually come! Its almost like christmas knowing what's coming the next day!

Look forward to it on Monday night!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok!

Review of Serious Monkey Business

http://www.originalsoundversion.com/?p=8029

You might want to have someone else edit your article before posting next time, duder. How do you expect people to take your review seriously if you can't keep your verb tense straight? Or how about:

"...it would make Alex Trebek poop out his mustache 3 times."

Really? Really now? And you wanna rag on Taucer's song for corny lyrics? I don't care if your opinion is spot on, this is just sloppily done.

I got nothing from reading that review... except for a bad taste in my mouth. There were no real critiques of any work that anybody could do anything with, just an overwhelming mass of the words awesome, good, bad... these tell me nothing musically. Basically, it reads, "This track, based on this song, was poop. This track based on this song, was way awesome." Top-shelf of djpretzel to comment a thanks to the author of that blog, but seriously, that was some garbage review. Idiot. The reviewer seems to dwell on his own attitude that he deserves better free music out of all of your free time. Shame on you all for not giving us better work. I hate you all, I'll go write a blog post.

I got nothing from reading that review... except for a bad taste in my mouth. There were no real critiques of any work that anybody could do anything with, just an overwhelming mass of the words awesome, good, bad... these tell me nothing musically. Basically, it reads, "This track, based on this song, was poop. This track based on this song, was way awesome." Top-shelf of djpretzel to comment a thanks to the author of that blog, but seriously, that was some garbage review. Idiot. The reviewer seems to dwell on his own attitude that he deserves better free music out of all of your free time. Shame on you all for not giving us better work. I hate you all, I'll go write a blog post.

Shame on you, acting like you deserve a review. IT'S FREE. HE'S GIVING YOU FREE BLOGZ. I hate it when people do that. /s

At the end of the day reviews are simply that. It's not like this review should keep people from listening to the album and discovering it for themselves, as it's being released free of charge across the internet.

Also at the end of the day I can see where personal taste cuts into the opinion, and the reviewer obviously prefers certain sounds over others. In any case press is press. Perhaps a few more people will check out the project then they originally would've thanks to that article.

Once the album is up and out then I'll post about it on some sites as well. Can't wait for the listening party! Not sure where it is though... someones hiding the location from me I bet.

Well, it's not exactly a negative review. He seems to only dislike Taucer's track.
There's only one criticism I could make about the song... and that is that I've heard it before.

It was in DoD's Sidescroller month last year. It was awesome then, and it's still awesome now. I personally know I was secretly hoping for a new take on the Mines track, as it's one of my favorites.

I am curious to the changes to the song done to Trapped in the Minds, it seems to have been subtly changed to be a bit more a bit softer and a little more hazy and more atmospheric.

Anyhow I know this album has been in work for roughly 2 years though and obviously some songs have been released individually starting in 2009.

Still good though, can't argue with the quality of the song work. In the end it is about the product as a whole though. Which I think is a fantastic mix! If you have a song that good you may as well make sure it gets a proper release.

we just had to remove the video from youtube...

i was just having fun fun fun. i knew this would happen. so i downloaded it :)

Why did you have to take it down off of YouTube?

I would think that this is something that they would allow. Mind you I didn't see the video.