What are you reading?

Found a bunch of fantasy books at half price books awhile ago for pretty cheap. I'm starting with one called "The Bride of Stone" by Thomas Williams

I'm not too far into it yet, but so far I feel like this guy was pretty influenced by Lord of the Rings as far as the story goes (Sauron=Crazy Witch Lady, Ring=Crown), but otherwise it's decent.

• 1 year later...
What's that like? Any good?

It's been almost 2 years since that, he probably doesn't remember anymore :P

Just finished making my way through the Dresden Files. Excellent read, can't wait for the next book. Modern detective stories meets traditional fantasy, mixing tropes and cliches from both genres while the title character makes fun of all of it.

I have a couple of the Magic of Xanth novels to catch up with - I'd like to reread the entire series before I get to them, but I can't remember where I put them...

Same with the latest from Salvatore, where the hell did I put the first twelve?

Apart from that, what I'm reading is usually what I have written - if I could find a publisher I'd share my own original works with you all.

I'm reading the Harry Potter books for the first time. I'm 25, so when the first book came out, I was just a little too old for it, and despite the fact that many of my friends were reading them while I was in high school (and college, in the case of the last book or 2), I never got into them. I always dismissed them, which was very unfair.

Many of my friends have insisted the books are really good, so I bought the whole set for about $40 on sale and decided to read them all. I just finished book 4 last weekend, and damn are these things good. I'm noticing a definitive shift in tone now that I'm in the second half of the series. Things are getting darker and more dangerous as time goes on. I've seen all of the movies, so I'm hoping to finish book 7 just before seeing the final film installment in July.

I recently finished up the Song of Fire and Ice series.

Right now I'm continuing the Sword of Truth series and I'm about half way through the fourth book, "Temple of the Winds"

So far it's a lot weaker than the first 3 books and I'm finding myself uninterested but my brother assures me that it's the weakest in the entire 11 book series so I need to hang in there.

Don't worry, I'll get through it.