Original VG Music Contest #5!

Kidd Jredd

OVGMcon5 has begun! If you don't know what it is, basically the winner of the previous month creates a story/setting that specifically relates to common video game settings in some way. The contestants are given the challenge to compose original music based on how they interpret the story. Contestants are also encouraged to explain why they envisioned the music the way they did if they feel the need to do so.

For information on this month's theme and signing up to participate go to the following page: http://versuscompo.com/forums/index.php?topic=171.0

For a summary the contest guidelines go here: http://versuscompo.com/forums/index.php?topic=48.0

Generally, people are given a week to sign up. (However, if someone is a bit late I usually will let them join.) This is because you get about a month to compose! This may seem a bit long, but I figure people have lives and so they can come up with something on their downtime with not as much pressure.

This is why I usually do not let people submit a final piece past the deadline unless it is really close to finished and they have shown an interest by participating with wips and feedback and such.

The voting lasts about a week, however this also can be extended if someone specifically asks with a desire to add to the vote count. Also, it is an unspoken code of honor that one does not vote for himself/herself for obvious reasons.

It is highly recommended that you sign up at the VS compo forums to participate in this, as well as other contests held there. We are a small but growing community of musicians. Everyone regardless of experience is welcomed! This is a competition but a very friendly one :). Hope to see many of you at the Vs compo forums!

Jredd-

• 4 weeks later...