A game remix question

I hate to pull the baby out of the basket and ruin the surprise, but I've been wanting to remix a theme from the recently released game from the PSP called Patapon. Before I devote a lot of time and energy into my first submitted remix (yikes! The suspense!) I want to know if a game like Patapon for the PSP (nobody has done a PSP remix) and even then if it would be "socially acceptable" to remix a game only a few months old :-)

Does anyone know the answer? Mostly you great established remixers of whom I aspire to be :-)

EDIT: Also, can I use some sound effects from the game as long as they are used right?

Thanks,

~jace

I hate to pull the baby out of the basket and ruin the surprise, but I've been wanting to remix a theme from the recently released game from the PSP called Patapon. Before I devote a lot of time and energy into my first submitted remix (yikes! The suspense!) I want to know if a game like Patapon for the PSP (nobody has done a PSP remix) and even then if it would be "socially acceptable" to remix a game only a few months old :-)

Does anyone know the answer? Mostly you great established remixers of whom I aspire to be :-)

EDIT: Also, can I use some sound effects from the game as long as they are used right?

Thanks,

~jace

I personally will hate you for the rest of your life, or for the rest of my life. Whichever ends first.

This will not factor into my judging though, so go ahead and remix what you want. :mrgreen:

I personally will hate you for the rest of your life, or for the rest of my life. Whichever ends first.

Ha! Fantastic! I've already got a fan :-D

What's the rule on using game sound FX? I really just want some of the "Pon Pon Pata Pon" drum and echo by the cute little eyeball things. Is there a rule against sound FX?

Thanks guys,

~jace

Ha! Fantastic! I've already got a fan :-D

What's the rule on using game sound FX? I really just want some of the "Pon Pon Pata Pon" drum and echo by the cute little eyeball things. Is there a rule against sound FX?

Thanks guys,

~jace

Your mix has to be a mix of the music. You can't take sound effects and create an original song out of it.