Mr. Rogers: "Won't you wear a sweater Day" - Mar.20

NeoForte

fucking retarded

Mr Rogers sucked.

I hope he died in agony alone, having bled to death from nipple chafing from his sweaters.

What the hell is wrong with you? That was a really good show and that guy really cared about educating kids. It was pretty sad when he died; a lot of people grew up on that show.

Quit being tool. :whatevaa:

Fucking retarded.

Mr Rogers sucked.

I hope he died in agony alone, having bled to death from nipple chafing from his stupid ugly God-damn sweaters.

I don't often read the forums. This one caught my eye. The first comment made me log in and reply.

I live in Pittsburgh, even met the man shortly before he died. He was a good man who cared about the education and moral upbringing of children.

You, Huasdog, are an idiot. Seems to me that you're just one of those fools who blurts out the first thing that comes to mind because you think it makes you cool. I think "tool' is more appropriate.

Nothing pisses me off so fast as a moron with a 'loose jaw' ..or access to the internet and the ability to use a keyboard.

Dang.

Now I feel like an ass.

I didn't actually mean it and I wouldn't have said it if I knew anyone actually cared about him or this. I can reign it in.

Sorry...

Whether people actually care or not generally isn't a good excuse to be an asshat, unless you're surrounded by people that will realize you "didn't actually mean it"

Anyway, Mr.Rogers was awesome, I wish more people could be as amassing as he was, I wish to someday be at that level as far as working with children and education.

Mr. Rogers seems like the sort of thing a lot of people grow up on, then start making fun of because their friends are doing it. Then they grow up more and realize it was an awesome show.

As for the topic, I can't really guarantee I'll remember to wear a sweater, especially if it isn't cold. :P However, I was always inspired by the work of Johnny Costa on the show, performing and improvising the music live every episode. I think it would be appropriate to put together a small remix project of the Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood theme. 2 weeks isn't very much, but it's a short theme, and I think a lot can be done with it. Here's a video, in case you need a little inspiration to get you started. :)

Mr. Rogers seems like the sort of thing a lot of people grow up on, then start making fun of because their friends are doing it. Then they grow up more and realize it was an awesome show.

As for the topic, I can't really guarantee I'll remember to wear a sweater, especially if it isn't cold. :P However, I was always inspired by the work of Johnny Costa on the show, performing and improvising the music live every episode. I think it would be appropriate to put together a small remix project of the Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood theme. 2 weeks isn't very much, but it's a short theme, and I think a lot can be done with it. Here's a video, in case you need a little inspiration to get you started. :)

Wow first off Hausdog, yea....uh, next time please try being more considerate about these things. Joking around with your friends about this and doing it on here where many might not know you are two different things.

Anyway Dhsu thats a great idea! If I was better on my Bass I would have composed a piece for it :/ I doubt I can in 2 weeks >< It's great seeing how many people grew up and were influenced by Mr. Rogers.

Dang.

Now I feel like an ass.

I didn't actually mean it and I wouldn't have said it if I knew anyone actually cared about him or this. I can reign it in.

Sorry...

If you were trying to troll, then you failed, badly. All it did was backfired on you! Inside jokes with your friends outside the internet works, but here . . .yeah.

Mr. Rogers, god, I love him! I used to watch his show before I went to school each morning! "It's A Beatiful Day in the Neighberhood . . . " loved that song!

OC Remix should do a remix of his theme song! I need to find a sheet music for it and arrange it for violin!

Anyone up for documenting the day with pictures or videos, displaying your sweaters? It would be a day to remember, a good example of the people that Mr Rogers inspired. I for one will wear several sweaters and post them here. Now I've gotta go through the mess that is my room and make my sweaters presentable...

Wow, what a wonderful idea. I'll definitely wear a sweater that day. His show was one of the first I watched on television.

Even though the main focus of this site is remixing video game music, I might use my skills to remix the theme song (even if its just a recording of the original with different instrumentation) for this day.

Rogers was good stuff. A nice and calm program that was still able to hold my attention as a kid.

I actually didn't like the puppets part of the show. They were creepy/strange/scary to me as a kid and I had trouble even watching that part. Oddly enough, my favorite part of the show was the trolley that BROUGHT you to that place.

Hehe. I never wear sweaters (and thusly don't own one), but I'll place my tip of the hat here in this thread.

::tip::