OCR Membership Cards

DarkeSword

Late coming into the thread, but I'd totally want one if I could get one. I'd carry it around, even if I'm not a musician myself. This is a really good idea, I think.

Unfortunately, I can't really add much more to the thread. Again, Jose's designs are pretty much the best, though Ramaniscence's basic design is worthy of note too. Though personally, I'd like the idea of being able to pick from a couple of background colors. Makes it a bit more personal, though it may complicate the design process a bit.

bitches, keep this thread open. Cuz if/when I throw mine in here, it's over, son. Ya herd? Professional grade up in this bitch.

Holla AT some John fuckin BURNETT! I was on your site tonight, thinkin' GOT-damn it's been a mufuggin millenia since we heard any music from Wangless.

Fix that shit. Fix that shit right NOW.

Niiiiiice...

I've not been following the thread too closely so please forgive my tired ignorance, but how can I get one?

You wait until I've written code to generate the images from your profile data and djpretzel integrates that with the site. Then you go to said page, wherever it is (probably a link through your forum profile?) and see your shiny new images.

Hmm could the wingless come up with something better than Jose's concept which is pretty much loved by all? This I wonder...

Of course I could, bitch. I'm the goddamn Wingless. Professional graphic designer.

Unfortunately, I like to talk to a good game, but I'm way too busy with my own personal projects to jump in here. So allow me to offer some constructive criticism, if one may be so bold.

1.) The color green doesn't really seem to fit the OCR aesthetic, which in modern times, is more about monochromatic gradients with light touches of blue. It's a bit too much of a departure.

2.) You have the highest amount of text on the busiest/noisiest area of the card. It would probably be better to move either the headphones or the verbose text to the left.

3.) Right justify, as a general rule of thumb, is more difficult to read that left

4.) While dividing the words with the OCR banner is kewl and fun, it relegates an important piece of information, the name, as a minor piece of information. It would be better highlighted on the main face of the card.

5.) The background is walking the line between being decadent to being distracting. It could stand to use less elements.

And that's what I bring to the table. Big talk and gentle critiques. Oh, and free motherfucking plugs for myself.

• 3 weeks later...