As A Musician, What Is Your Greatest Achivement

TheSnowStorm

To all my fellow musicians, during your journey as a musician, as you improved on your skills and earn your right as a true musician, what has been some of your greatest high points, your greatest achivement?

My List

*In 2002, I earn the honor of becoming one of the top ranking and most improved Strings/Orcestral (Violin) studnet at my middle school. I reciveved the "Most Improved Musician" in the Strings department.

*In April of 2005 and 2006, I played the the world famous Fabolus St. Louis Fox Theater with the St. Louis Public Schools!

*This fall, I will have achived ten years of playing the violin!

in 2004, i became one of three students in NYSSMA (new york state school music association) to have a perfect score over 7 or more auditions, and reached all-state (first chair) for the second time, making me the top-ranked saxophonist overall in the state for the second year in a row.

^that's my musical high point so far. we'll see what grad school brings.

For me, it would probably have to be a tie between singing on Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword in both solo and ensemble context, and winning the Mystic Soundscapes Best of 2007 Award for my original song "Hajime." Having Christopher Tin as a returning client for my vocal services is a huge honor, too.

I'm hoping my album release next month will help me reach even more successes! :<

Probably this so far:

At the recent Butler game, It was standing room only all the way around the arena with a record crowd (I think like 6,300 or something); the place was loud and the intro sounded darn pretty sweet. :)

That's a pretty damn great track! 6,000+ in the stands, huh?

Probably having my teacher tell me on a daily basis that I'm the best composition student he has, and that I'm setting a pretty high standard for all of the other students to follow.

That and I won a "Best Improvisation" or something award at a festival last year when I was a senior in high school in the jazz ensemble (which totally should have gone to someone else but I ended up winning it).

This might sound silly to most of you guys, but I think finally forcing myself to try sequencing music (for kwakfest, of course) was a big step for me. I guess technically it's not my greatest achievement ever, but it's helped a lot to push me out of my comfort zone and bolster my creativity. It's very satisfying to be able to record my musical ideas now instead of just letting them float away like I did before.

Playing an original song live and having people in the audience sing it back to me.

Making kids mosh.

Hitting the high note on Aha's 'Take on me' one time.

Making songs that use chord progressions that I haven't heard before.

While I might not be up there with the big artists, I do come from a family of musicians. I also live in Newcastle, Australia, a place known for its music scene.

Even so, I've been able to teach others about music, and I've inspired others to take up music as a hobby. I've been able to get a message across.

Its a cheesy and lame list, but its my cheesy and lame list :)!!

Besides, is all for the fun of it. ^^

For me it's a bunch of little things, since music is more a soothing hobby, than a career path to seize accolades.

-Fanmail is always a tiny accomplishment. No matter how short or... bizarre they may get, they're always little gems of kindness.

-Having somebody who's name escapes me transcribe my "There was a Hole Here" song and having THAT song be played live on youtube

-Having Mounty Oum, the guy that made the Haloid video, use one of my songs in his video.

-Just having people realize who I am once I give out my email address.

-People still dutifully worshipful of me even though I haven't released a song in like... 2, 3 years :/

For me it's a bunch of little things, since music is more a soothing hobby, than a career path to seize accolades.

-Fanmail is always a tiny accomplishment. No matter how short or... bizarre they may get, they're always little gems of kindness.

Agreed :P

-Having Mounty Oum, the guy that made the Haloid video, use one of my songs in his video.

...8-O

YOU WERE THE ONE BEHIND IT?!

Very nice!