OCR00923 - Streets of Rage 3 "Good Ending (Blaze the Siren Mix)"

djpretzel

Okay Rayza.. lets start. Mmm - Impressive Man. A few minor complaints..but for the most part, i dug it. Your beats speak quite a bit through this. Probably the best part, also of note was the Piano lead and the cool dance-ish vibe it put off for me - worth the listen :P

0:01 - Cool beat..

0:18 - Like the sort've Trance effect this section has over you..

0:48 - What was that? some sort of Scream? **Oops! my bad..from the game eh?** ..eh.. Better things could've been done.. On the bright side, what follows is some tight work, the piano medly is Great. And the Beat complements it nicely!

1:18 - Tight work here, im dancin' in my chair man. The backround effects really do a great job of accenting the mood your trying to create, and help bring everything together.

2:10 - Im not sure if i like the Siren-thing very much..but .. i suppose it fits..Again..that scream-type thing **Oops! my bad..from the game eh?** ..ugh..could've been better.

2:34 - Excellent work on the beat though, this part is awesome, probably the best part of the mix -> but i feel more could've been done.. you could've pushed a few extra harmonies out..this is the ending after all, man, pull out ALL the stops!

3:21 - Bad ending. Bad bad ending. it didn't even FEEL like an ending..just like it stopped.. work on that.

Been waiting for this. Very pleased. Love that flute in the beginning, such a nice touch.

That scream? I liked it. Thought it worked nicely.

What I'm still not to sure about is the siren. Fortunately, it's in and out. Took me a listen or two to determine if I really liked it. I decided that it wasn't that bad... but something more could have been done with it.

I think the ending was fine. Big punch, ends with the flute. Good stuff.

My favourite part about it was the callback to the opening music of Streets of Rage 1. I'm glad djp pointed that at. I didn't know if that was the original track or a choice by Rayza, but the fact that it was in there makes this song really cool.

Good stuff, overall.

Nice, nice, nice work here, Rayza.

This is one super-housey tune, while the drums sort of bring it more towards Euro-Dance than House, it's a good crossover. I absolutely love the little falling synth in the background of the intro. This has a nice flow to it, although I think the piano sounds a bit lo-fi... could just be these crap headphones I'm listening through, but if it was intended, it works quite well none the less. I also really like the little skipping that the open-hat does in this track... adds a lot to what would otherwise be a boring drum pattern.

Very enjoyable shtuff :D

:nicework:

Great vibe comin off this track, that piano rules. I also liked the high pitched whistle. THE SCREAM IS THE SHIT! I don't know how you could NOT love it! :D It reminds me of an old black man gettin out his chair and startin to dance the Charleston after a song from his younger days starts playin. But then again, I'm wierd like that. Don't see what's the fuss about the siren, it reinforces the housey flavor of the song. Great mix. If you don't like it, well, everyone has a right to their own opinion...

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm unfamiliar with the original, but this is a pretty catchy track;

some of the synths are a bit weak when exposed, such as the opening strings, but they are used well, and are mixed in with some strong synths, including some nice subtle ones underneath the piano when it comes in.

It's unfortunate that it's winter and freezing right now, because this would be a fantastic summer mix. The siren gets to be a bit much, but the fact that it matches the beat helps it a bit, and it's ending was really classy.

You can bet that in 6 months I will be jamming to this mix on a near-daily basis.

• 1 year later...

The opening had me worried that the entire mix was going to be a slow ballad, but things pick up pretty quickly, and the groove is quite cool. I love the piano line throughout, despite how mechanical it feels.

Couple of not so good things. The use of the siren at the end of the melodic line was a really cool idea, but then it starts going full force, and I found that basically not really cool. I wish Rayza had stuck with the creative use a bit more. The ending also is a bit anticlimactic, which is a bit disappointing.

Check it out.

• 3 weeks later...
The opening had me worried that the entire mix was going to be a slow ballad, but things pick up pretty quickly, and the groove is quite cool.

LOL, yeah... Especially after listening to Rayza's other ending Remix I was expecting a little more of the same. But Then...

With a scream and bass line, things start grooving and groove well. :razz:

I really like this; it's uncomplicated both in scope and depth.

It's as if some one took the whole attitude of "Boo-Yah" and distilled it into a mix. Like DA said, check it out.

• 6 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00923 - Streets of Rage 3 "Good Ending (Blaze the Siren Mix)"
  • 5 years later...