Streaming PC Audio to another PC online

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this type of question but here goes:

Is it possible to stream the audio in my pc to someone on the internet with good quality?

I'm not takling about streaming mp3 playlists here I'm talking about any sound that my pc makes?

I did that using the voice chat but the quality sucks.

any help is appreciated.

I have used the Windows Media Encoder application from MicroSoft to stream audio and video. You can choose to stream audio only. I'm not sure about the quality restrictions.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/forpros/encoder/default.mspx

The rest depends on your sound card driver, and whether it has a "What U Hear" (what Creative! calls it) source, which mixes everything you hear.

It's been a while since I have used WME, but maybe the newer version can configure itself using UPnP, if the NAT router supports it. If not, you'll have fun configuring the NAT router, looking up what ports to open, and so on, so that you'll be able to connect to your streaming audio server from a computer outside your private network.