Ungh. Bad first recital. Bonus: screwed up OC ReMix performances!

Sgt. Fuzzy

Admittedly, it's not my junior recital or anything, just a bunch of students my teacher teaches gathered at my house the other day to have a recital of sorts. We had to play 4 songs, and naturally I picked remixes for all of them.

My teacher took videos. Dammit. With my camera.

Watch from the bottom.

http://vupload.facebook.com/video/?id=656490028

I apologise sincerely to DarkeSword, bladiator and Dhsu for mutilating Blue Skies Over Guardia, Chopinesque Kirby (especially this), Grand Valse Mario and Rainbow Snowland.

Enjoy, nonetheless. I'll probably get proper recordings of non-screwed up performances some other time.

... I was nervous, all right? I was expected to play the best because I was the one who'd studied piano for the longest time, out of all of them.

Do you have to be Facebook friends in order to see the video? The link just takes me to the main videos page. Maybe put it up on YouTube instead.

I'm interested in this though, regardless of how well you played the pieces...it's always encouraging to see people take the effort to play my arrangements by ear because I'm too lazy to make sheet music. :) And I wouldn't be too hard on yourself about bladiator's arrangements...they're definitely nothing to sneeze at in terms of difficulty.

Agh! Finally uploaded. YouTube is so slow at night it's not funny.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sgtfuzzy

I'm still beating myself up over screwing up most of my songs. It's tough to let it go. I guess I can always take solace in the fact that there are bigger things in life to screw up in, eh? :grin:

Oh, and the second section of Rainbow Snowland is up, Dhsu, if you want to have a look.

That was actually quite enjoyable. Your screwups aren't too bad. I've heard much worse mistakes before, and it's really not as big of a deal as you'd think. Just about everyone chalks it up to nerves (which seems to be the case here).

I can tell you're a pretty darn good pianist. I've been playing for about the same amount of time as you and I'm not nearly as good.