OCR00927 - Wild Arms "Not Alone in the World"

djpretzel

I was just thinking to myself today that I needed some poppy stuff to listen to while reading Love Hina; I had a bunch of slow poppy mixes in my playlist today, and this one is just perfect.

The mix is just so professionally done...the guitar and piano sections are lovely.

The ending is a bit weak though, but overall a great tune to sway to. ^_^

SOLID!™

*yawn* pardon, but this song just makes me sleepy like that.

This is definitally a keeper in my book, and not just because I love wild arms. It's very professional, and I love the mood it emits.

The beginning felt a bit empty, but that's the only complaint i had.

I especially loved how it just picked up and kept constant at 0:35.

Can't say much else, as i'm too tired to think (and not just because of the song.)

This remix is INSANELY beautiful.. Dale North and Jaxx, I always wondered what would happen if these two musical geniuses worked together could accomplish, and now I've seen it. I can die a very, very happy man.. Seeing as they remixed my favorite song from Wild Arms, and did such a beautiful job in doing so. I love you all.

Righto-> Lets get to it Dale, Jaxx <-Songplayed-> ::whipes a few tears away:: its so deliciously pretty it forces your attention right on it. The emotional power is so raw and vivid that you just might orgasm. Almost every aspect is superb. one of those must-haves, Especially if you .. ::sniffles:: like to cry..

0:01 - With the first soft chord you kind've smile. it .. has that dream-effect on you.. it WANTS you to smile. its this kind of emotion that helps bring this to life. The quality is great here.

0:21 - Excellent. The Strings sound Very good. One can't help but get the jibblies when listening (goosebumpies)

0:56 - More goodness. sounds so real. And whats so empressive is how Raw the emotion stays throughout the entire piece, it makes you want to listen to every god damn note. it makes you feel like your special.

1:48 - ::Sniffles:: More lucious strings... the quality is all top-notch..

2:23 - By this point.. I love how its transformed. its sort've abandoned its sad-vibe..and kind've pushed the a bit to make it more inspirational..

2:34 - Gotta dig that piano.. ::sniff:: its .. yea... i don't even have to explain. AH! ..thats the end?! .. :( im not a fan of the note ended on.. and i wish it was longer. But .. either way.. ::Sniffles:: im gunna cry.

Holy crap... Incredible work. I usually don't go for slow, soft ballads like this, but this one is just mind-blowingly cool. :o

The guitar work is top-notch, all of the orchestration sounds pretty good, the piano is fantastic, the percussion is very suiting, etc. Just download it already.

Jaxx, if you read this, you can count on being missed. Good luck with accomplishing your goals. :)

I like the keyboard-related stuff in this song, and the reverb on the snare. I think the guitar tone does not go with the song: when the synth stuff is silky I'm not sure it's good to include the guitar buzz (:55) and a piercing raw treble-y clean guitar tone (or so dry when distorted). The notes the guitar plays between 2:00 and 2:12 and 2:16 to 2:28 roXorz my soXorz (to borrow a phrase), though the transitions between those 2 sections (2:14), and the doodle after 2:28, are less than cool (something more subtle and breathing there would work more than dirty doodles)...sweet stuff overall.

I guess this was submitted now so that JAXX could go out on top. And this proves (as if it needed proving) that JAXX is and always will be one of the best. Not to ignore Dale North, who also does an excellent job here. This song is simply beautiful. Dale, keep 'em coming. JAXX, we will all surely miss you.

Normally, this is where I take the remix, dissect it, and say everything I like/dislike. But something about this song, makes it seem almost like it wouldn't be right to say the things I didn't like... So I guess I'll just point out some cool parts of this incredibly emotional mix - the way the bass comes in at 0:35, helps guide the song into the next part. At 2:31, instead of simply leaving the guitar holding the note and fading out, it does a sort of falling note dealie. At 1:09 a clever series of notes leads right back into a repitition of the previous guitar pattern. Little things like this don't really make a difference in the quality of a song, but I think their addition gives a song more "replay value" and a more interesting listen.

This gave me a few goose bumps at first. Dale north is just amazing sometimes.

I think i could have started singing, but the guitar replaces what would have been a vocal if someone were to sing. it totally fits the tune.

lastly, i did not like the ending. sorry dale.

overall it is a really nice remix that gave me some goose bumps at the begining.

Wow, This is a big keeper for me. Not only was I a big fan of Wild Arms music. I'm an even BIGGER fan of Dale North. And who better to team it up than with JAXX a great guitarist who I will miss hearing. This song is very simple..yet very prefessional. Everything seems to fit togeather, everything is top notch I would love to be able to remix like Dale, but, for now..I will stick with my electronica. And I will let the soothing world of remixing up to people like Dale and Russ who I am very fond of.

Thanks for the Mix..Glad you submitted this Gem...cause otherwize..I wouldn't have known of it..

-Gman

• 1 month later...

God...what can you say... :cry:

Songs like this always get to me. I've never even played Wild Arms, but this is just...gorgeous stuff. The orchestration, the strings...I'd expect to hear this on a big blockbuster movie or a pivotal anime episode, that's how well-done it is. I think the ending leaves a lot of room for interpretation, so I'm not gonna say anything about it. But the rest...my God. Wonderful, wonderful stuff. Kudos to both of you.

Jaxx, I didn't even know your stuff, but you are already missed.

• 4 weeks later...

What a great song this is. When listen to it and thinking abt the game. It feel really wonderful and smooth. Tear almost drop when u listen to it a few time. Best to listen to it relaxing. God fantastic remix. Hopefully more remix like this will come out to smooth our heart and mind.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00927 - Wild Arms "Not Alone in the World"