Local dunce denounces Brawl; makes fool of himself

MechaFone

He said Brawl is a bigger button masher than No More Heroes.

Now, I've played and beat both games (unlocked most things in brawl) to know that this man must find a hula hoop the pinnacle of fun. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED No More Heroes, it's just that the amount of replay in No More Heroes is close to nil once you unlock everything. (getting that last beam Katana made me work awhile on killing the same respawning people in the same small square. The ending is worth it though.)

I'm sure I'll STILL be playing Brawl when the NEXT installment of Smash Brothers comes out.

It takes all kinds I guess. Some people have to have the opposite opinion in relation to the millions of people that like brawl and thought "No More heroes" wasn't as good as it could have been.

Still, way too cocky about his opinion given that he didn't even stay in depth about Brawl at all. Maybe he should try writing a real article next time.

Hm. I guess I should have posted this in the Brawl thread. Oh well. I agree, I prolly could've just ignored this and accepted that some people just don't like Smash Bros. It's just been something I've looked forward to, and it's delivered everything I've hoped for. Guess I better pick up a copy of Heros so's I won't seem -completely- ignorant >.<

I'm fine if he does not find Brawl better than No More Heroes, that is OK by me. It is his point on saying "That type of game — less brains and more thumb callouses — isn't what I enjoy playing." His reference that you do not need any strategy in Brawl can be true. But I found myself having no plan of attack in No More Heroes MUCH more than in Brawl.

You can argue that No More Heroes is better because of its visual design, its story telling, and even its game play. But you can NOT argue that Brawl is a bigger button masher than No More Heroes. It is just not possible in a game where there is two buttons of attack (four if you count High and Low), a grab, and a finishing move. Brawl has an attack in four direction for two buttons, a grab, a shield, mid-air attacks, and items. So all I ask from him is that he makes a better argument than "HEY BRAWL IS FOR FOUR YEAR OLDS."

I'm not trying to say he's an idiot. I just wanted to point out that his argument against Brawl can be exactly the same for No More Heroes. Even more so. No More Heroes was a Beat-em-up where one button and swinging the wiimote was all it took to beat the game. I'm not joking either, I really did beat it that way. Of course, it was fun while I was doing it. I just don't like him making that argument.