OCR00203 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Late Night Lullaby"

m68030

• 6 months later...

Man, how did this get on OC Remix?? The bass line is completely non-harmonic and doesn't complement the melody at all, although that doesn't seem to be an issue nowadays. After two loops (well yeah, the pitch bend was kinda interesting...), I started to wonder if anything was gonna happen, and then suddenly...oh wait, that's just him hitting random notes in the general direction of the melody. After that's finally over, he goes back to the original loop, and I wait for something else to happen. Oh my goodness, look, he raised the pitch! I can't believe it, it's never been done before, this is a total breakthrough, it's going to change the world of remixing forever!!

NOT.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I first started this one up, I realized for the first time: not ALL remixes on this site are good! I knew the day would come...the day I would come across a remix I absolutely hated. Well, this ISN'T the case. I like this one quite a bit. VERY repetitive, VERY basic, and KINDA good. Put simply, this mix is simple. Nothing big and flashy. No voice samples. No guitar, either. Just a barbaric-in-style remix that still "partly" satify. Not such a bad remix, and maybe I think that because of the change in sound at 2:58; thats pretty neat. For a while only, though.

Final verdict... MY SCORE-- 7.1/10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It's much to classic techno. But again why is the bass out of key of the melody. I really don't like the sound used for the melody either. In my opinion this is a bad remix. Not a fan of the key change in 3:05 because it's still off key of the bass.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

This is a really fun remix! The pitch bend at 0:29 was really cool, and the font used for the melody sounds very clean and smooth.

...Wait, then what? WHAT IS THAT??? THAT BASSLINE DOES NOT FOLLOW THE MELODY AT ALL???? WTF???

I'm sorry, but there's no way this remix should be on this site. It's a joke. The bassline is a standard techno I/IV/V progression, the "solo section" at 1:03 is just a random barrage of notes. They don't remain true to the original chord progression of the song or the completely random chord progression of the bassline.

ARGGG...That bassline just KILLS me, it's COMPLETELY non harmonic?!?!

I normally don't review remixes, but every time this remix comes up on my playlist I just get completely pissed off, I don't know why. The production value is clean, but nothing is done with the melody at all. There is nothing brought to the song at all, there is no imagination, there is no arrangement. There is never any harmony present, nothing interesting is done with the melody (except for that masterfully handled keychange).

Why is this on the site..?

~NeoDestiny

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

I wanted to like it, because I like the original song. The issue is that this IS the original song. It has a beat in the back to remind you it's a remix, but it's not a very strong beat. The key change near the end just doesn't strike me as a big enough change to change my mind.

I won't be downloading it but I can see why it's on the site. 2000? I didn't even show up until 2 years after. Years change and with it, quality.

• 4 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00203 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Late Night Lullaby"