The real-ish-like face of Mario

Black Mage

Looks right to me, almost natural really, in a freakish sorta way. Brings to my mind the Mario of the SMB Super Show, with a rougher stereotypical Brooklyn accent, verses the stereotypical Italian accent of N64 Mario.

Actually, this is one of the better examples of cartoon-to-reality renders I've seen.

realmario_comunicadoresinfo.jpg

From http://comunicadoresdeplantao.blogspot.com/2008/03/real-face-do-mrio.html

That thing is stupid. Mario wouldn't look like that in 'real life' because nobody's face would grow such a way in 'real life'.

He'd be a 5 foot something stocky dude, like Lou Albano but not quite as ugly.

Actually, people's faces do grow similar to that. It looks weird as hell, but it does happen. I saw a guy the other day at a parade that had a very similar head shape. That picture was the first thing that popped into my head too.

Looks right to me, almost natural really, in a freakish sorta way. Brings to my mind the Mario of the SMB Super Show, with a rougher stereotypical Brooklyn accent, verses the stereotypical Italian accent of N64 Mario.

Actually, this is one of the better examples of cartoon-to-reality renders I've seen.

realmario_comunicadoresinfo.jpg

From http://comunicadoresdeplantao.blogspot.com/2008/03/real-face-do-mrio.html

I agree it's both really cool and really freaky.

I say Nintendo sticks with what they got.

This is a really good render either way