The real-ish-like face of Mario

Black Mage

I just saw some images of them in a GameFAQs topic that purged. I just learned that it's a Something Awful thread, and I tried to look for it but I got sidetracked by this:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2083009

Wait! Found the pictures!

http://www.worth1000.com/contest.asp?contest_id=4767&display=photoshop&page=2#entries

Actually, that SA thread was better than the Pokemon pics.

I don't find it even remotely creepy either... who can say no to those cute little eyes?? ^_^

But I can see how it might be disturbing to some... which is why computer animated movies about CARTOON animals should stop trying to make said cartoon animals have such realistic textures. Most cartoon animal movies that I've seen do it right (especially Ratatouille, where they did EVERYTHING right :wink:), but some movies make me wonder why they went so realistic... especially when it horribly detracts from the cuteness. For instance the only character in Over the Hedge that was remotely cute was the turtle..... but maybe they did that on purpose?

On that note, I do NOT want to see Peach and Daisy!! Or rather, I'd want to out of insurmountable curiosity, but then might regret it. Bring on WARIO AND WALUIGI!! 8O

But I really came to post about this:

I just saw some images of them in a GameFAQs topic that purged. I just learned that it's a Something Awful thread, and I tried to look for it but I got sidetracked by this:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2083009

THANK YOU for that thread!! Hilarity, happiness, shock, sadness, hope for our future, and even- erm, "romance"... and a whole bunch of boring pointless repetitive posts between the comic gold which is clearly labeled by our friend Cookie Monster himself. Highly recommended for anyone who would like to read a thousand brutally honest and true short stories and- what the hey, I'll just recommend it to everyone.

There's a good reason many people when playing Galaxy or Smash Bros (or, thanks to that horribly creepy Homer Simpson hovering a little over my post, when watching the Simpsons) don't think about them as being part of reality. The thing that's remained consistent with both of these is that the eyes are just terribly disturbing.

This reminds me of the first time I saw Trey and Matt's real-life rendering of the South Park kids. It made sense, yes, but it was just... wow...