Great Japan-only games

Gamelore

Could try "Takeshi No Chousenjou" for the Famicom, I've heard stories about how ridiculously over the top difficult that game is. Even requires you to sing into the Famicom's 2nd controller microphone for an hour.

There's also the Cho Aniki (Or is it Choaniki? Or spelled differently? I have no idea o.O ) series. Pure, ridiculously homosexual weirdness. It's a PS2 game. Something about "Legend of the Holy Protein". I'd love to play it just to laugh at it, hehe.

There's also Altered Beast for PS2...I know it was cancelled here, but was released over there. I have no idea how good it actually is though, but I always wanted to play it.

As for the last one I've heard of that was real good, but never came out here, it's Tobal 2 for the PSX. Heard it's a great game, but they cancelled the US release just like Altered Beast PS2. Not sure if it'd be your type though, since I don't recall seeing "fighting games" on your list of interests there.

Here's a suggestion on location...

If you exit the Akihabara JR station (the one off the JR Yamanote Line - the 'green' line), then head towards the 'electric town' end, walk up to the main street, and turn left. Along that main street will be Laox, ASO Bit City, and a lot of other major stores. There'll also be small stores on both sides of the street.

I've had much better luck going into the small stores for old games--particularly for Mega Drive, Mega CD, Super Famicom, and Saturn. The place is always changing, but I seem to remember more of them being on the opposite end of the street from the JR station.

As for games... The only one that comes to mind is Magical School Lunar, for the Saturn. Though, that's only since I've been working on a walkthrough for it. It's worth it if you're already a fan of the Lunar series. KF

Namco x Capcom for the ps2. How did nobody else mention this -_-

Because the fan translation is 100% complete for it, and the beta-testers are testing it :razz:

And plus, it's not everyone knows most of the characters in Namco X Capcom (I think).

I wonder how much I suck comparatively. (cause it's almost no use trying to compare myself to those insane koreans)

lol. Like the only one (who happens to be Korean) who has the Grand Master ranking (or whatever the highest rank in DJ Max Portable 2 is) is insane...

Because the fan translation is 100% complete for it, and the beta-testers are testing it :razz:

And plus, it's not everyone knows most of the characters in Namco X Capcom (I think).

lol. Like the only one (who happens to be Korean) who has the Grand Master ranking (or whatever the highest rank in DJ Max Portable 2 is) is insane...

whoa whoa whoa

wha?

details please!

Alien Soldier for the MegaDrive(Genesis)

if you come from north america that is.

Also Daigasso Band Bros for the DS. i need to import that sometime.

AND!!! you must find and buy the Omega Five soundtrack, for the sole reason because i cant(yet) badass game with badass music composed by Hiroyuki Iwatsuki (he did the music in The Ninja Warriors for snes aswell)So get it bought! thank you.

Fire Emblem- Dark Dragons and Light Blade

Fire Emblem 3: Mysterious Emblem

Fire Emblem 4: The Holy War

Fire Emblem 5: Thrica 776

They are pretty good games if you are a fan of the Fire Emblem games.

What this guy said. God, I'm disappointed that in five pages no one mentioned Fire Emblem. :'(

Ys: The Oath in Felghana

Ys: Origin

Seriously. At least check the links and look at the pics and demo videos to see if they are something you are looking for.

Massively seconded. Oath in Felghana is pretty much the only JRPG I've enjoyed at all in the last several years. Although that probably has something to do with the fact that it's a hardcore action game disguised as a JRPG for marketing purposes.