Final Fantasy IV-2

Psycrow

FFIV was the only FF game I played; I quite enjoyed it: the characters are memorable, the battles are intense, but the story left something to be desired.

Anyways, you guys have heard about the 3D remake of FFIV that's coming out for DS, right? That looks pretty cool.

I have this mental image of a Japanese man in a business suit laughing maniacally as he hooks up a vacuum tube to the dried, cracked and dusty udders of his cash cow, hoping to extract that one last curdled drop before the damn thing just putters out and dies. Or implodes because of the suction.

Where's the creative teams that gave us 6 and 7 (and in my opinion 10)? Did they die? Why can't they make a good game anymore?

With their recent trend, I hope they don't touch FF6 :sad: .
Square-Enix... whoring out their Final Fantasy follow ups one shattered childhood at a time.

Second, and Second. Seriously, Square. Don't go back to your old games for sequel fodder. Get some writers who actually know how to write: (See also FF6 and FF9 and... a little gem called Chrono Trigger.) and get away from all your damn tropes/cliches that you've fallen into. It's impossible to get away from them all, but seriously. Do write a story that's *coherent* without necessarily being *confounding.* Just because it's confusing doesn't mean it's deep. XD

Seriously. Make a new franchise and actaully *try* with it.

Second, and Second. Seriously, Square. Don't go back to your old games for sequel fodder. Get some writers who actually know how to write: (See also FF6 and FF9 and... a little gem called Chrono Trigger.) and get away from all your damn tropes/cliches that you've fallen into. It's impossible to get away from them all, but seriously. Do write a story that's *coherent* without necessarily being *confounding.* Just because it's confusing doesn't mean it's deep. XD

Seriously. Make a new franchise and actaully *try* with it.

I have nothing to say, because it has been said for me.

One of the things I used to like about the FF series was that each game had different characters, stories, and gameplay systems. The masterful game design was made better by the originality. After the Squaresoft and Enix merger, though, it looks like we have neither. I'd love to see them make a new series with the same talent they used to have, though.

Of course, lots of people buy all these awful sequels and spin-offs, so I guess it's what most people want. Maybe I'm just living in the past, but I just can't get into these sequels and spinoffs.

I kinda dug FFIV and can see why they're making a sequel to it. It had a medieval, magical charm that I haven't seen in any of the others in quite the same way. It's hard to describe, but something about it just had its own magic about it.

With their recent trend, I hope they don't touch FF6 :sad: .

Definitely QFT...they ended it in such a nice way imo and I hope they don't do something like ONOES TEH ESPAR GATEZ HAV OPENED AGAIN OMG HAX!!!!!11!1

But FF4 on the other hand had left so many questions for me, I *kind* of want to see what they do with it, but with their track record, well....you know....yeah...

But, they wrapped FFIV up so nicely, how could they make a sequel?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they *SPOILERS?* bring back Palom and Porim from petrification in the GBA version?

It was also mentioned that in the SNES version you can do it too. I remember trying for ages thinking of a way to un-petrify them...I must GameFAQs this....