OCR TF2 Team: Gametime 9 PM EST on OCR server MWF + some weekends

zircon

Blame the predominantly east coast userbase of OCR :razz: . Personally, I'm up for whatever time, so if people want a time a little later, that works for me as well.

Edit: Ok, finally got the admin stuff working! So far I put zircon, DarkeSword, and Pyrion as admins, with PosiBolt to be added whenever he gets on tf2 and I can grab his SteamID # in a game. The page with command lists is linked to on the first page for admins, so check out there when you get a chance. The reserved slot thing should be fixed so that it shouldn't kick if it's at 23/24 upon joining, and the team unbalanced thing has been fixed so that it will rebalance if there's a +2 advantage on one side.

In addition, I would like some crafty photoshopper who plays tf2 to create OCR related decals for the game, at least for the maps we use. I can send the decals that came with the mod I'm using so that whoever volunteers can see what they are and where they're used in the maps.

I see a disappointing lack of Sombrero on the admin list. :(

Don't like double posting, but as a reminder, please donate some money monthly if you can - I'm only asking $3 a month for people (more is welcome too if you like), and you get the added benefit of a reserved slot! In addition, extra money will go towards OCR! It's a win-win situation, so please help out if you can!

I just tried the server; I can play with reasonable ping!

When my pay goes in, I'll see how much I can donate (depends on my pay, but I can guarantee more than $3 will be forth coming), and I'm presently working on a decal set. I'm sure there are others around the place who are doing it as well, so we'll see how I go.

Hell, maybe if we get a few, sort through them all and choose the best ones? (I'm guessing that was the plan lol)

See you all on there :D

So, next time we all play, I hope to have HLstatsX running, so that's an extra little perk for everyone.

And it'd be nice if we have multiple decals to choose from so we could all come to a consensus what looks the best. As an extra benefit, I'll give a slot to whoever can come up with the most that people like! :smile:

Any chance you might add Badlands to the map list in the future? I've always found that map extremely fun... not to mention how much I slaughter using scout, heavy or engineer... depending on the situation.

Also, what's a decal? I might have missed this earlier if you already answered it, but I'm feeling lazy right now.

A decal is a picture/spray that can be used. I haven't really gotten into it much with TF2, but I guess you can chose a picture that'll show up in certain places on the maps?

Bingo! fuckyou10characterlimit

Edit: We also tend to organize stuff & talk about tf2 in #ocremix, so we have a new channel for it, #ocrtf2. Come join in!

A decal is a picture/spray that can be used. I haven't really gotten into it much with TF2, but I guess you can chose a picture that'll show up in certain places on the maps?

Yeah, easiest way to go about this is to get VTFEdit (I'll take "How to use Google" for $200, Alex) and import the images in that way. The importation method in TF2 itself has never worked for anything but VTF's.

seeing as my copy of orange box is currently MIA, i just registered a steam account and bought tf2. theprophetofmephisto is my ign.

edit - how does steam deal with no-disc cracks for games? i generally download the nodisc as soon as i get a game, because i hate having to deal with swapping discs constantly. i know steam can 'import' non-steam games, but will it just break the crack? or will it continue to allow me to use said games? note that i own all of these games.

Check out the support page here:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

and be sure to check the link at the bottom of that article too. THat should be what you're looking for.

(where'd the toolbar go for the code you can use to make words a link? Edit: oh, it shortens it anyway. nice.)

Basically, if you can activate your retail game in steam, I don't think you need the CD, but not a lot of games are supported this way. If you're importing a non-Steam game, I think it only acts like a shortcut within the Steam client. I wouldn't think that would affect any cracks you have.

I was kind of disappointed that that's how it worked out... I have quite a few retail games that Steam sells (WH4k), but I can't actually activate them through my steam account... it would be nice to not have to worry about the physical discs, keep it automatically updated, etc....