OCR TF2 Team: Gametime 9 PM EST on OCR server MWF + some weekends

zircon

Saturday was super fun, I added a little [OCR] tag to my name now.

If only I didn't suck at every class besides medic.. I guess I can console myself by being GREAT DOCTOR!

DANKE, HERR DOKTOR!

Though seriously, don't worry about not being great at other classes, you pick them up with practice. And truth be told, I'm not very good with many of the classes. Just basically soldier, medic, and Heavy.

Last I checked it was up to three! :D

[HOMER:] WHY YOU LITTLE-!! *strangle*

I am teh suxorz at Demo, Spy, and Pyro, but I was trying my hand at Demolition yesterday ... with very little success, mind you, but it is a great server for practicing.

What time do you guys usually play? I'd love to come and maybe bring a few friends (3, tops).

[Edit:]

And now, I feel like an idiot. :-/

Sorry guys, temporary illiteracy. Thanks for pointing that out, Brycepops.

Today was a nice day of gaming guys - we had 18 people at once at one point, which is the third highest we've had (the highest two were the first two days of playing, full server both days). Those NeoGAF guys following JoeFu added some extra fun to the playing, thanks to them for coming!

Yeah, fun stuff. Too bad they left to go play on their server. Might start playing on the OCR one more, also played 2fort for the first time in a few months, kinda refreshing, but I see why I hated it.

Yeah, fun stuff. Too bad they left to go play on their server. Might start playing on the OCR one more, also played 2fort for the first time in a few months, kinda refreshing, but I see why I hated it.

Yeah, my roommate and I aren't huge fans, either. It's nice to play once in awhile, but it really stagnates far too easily.

Thanks for the nice night of playing everyone. With school over I should probably be able to participate quite often.

Wes, I'll pitch in money in a couple of weeks when a more steady cash flow permits extra spending.

Sniping is definitely fun, but I don't do it that often. I did the math, and I only play as sniper 8% of the time I'm playing TF2. I feel that sniper is a pretty useless class compared to demos, engies, medics, and heavies, but that's just my opinion. Usually, I try to pick my class based on whatever is most needed by my team.

The other day, however, I felt like playing a class simply for fun, and I guess I went off a little. sorry. :oops:

Sniping is definitely fun, but I don't do it that often. I did the math, and I only play as sniper 8% of the time I'm playing TF2. I feel that sniper is a pretty useless class compared to demos, engies, medics, and heavies, but that's just my opinion. Usually, I try to pick my class based on whatever is most needed by my team.

The other day, however, I felt like playing a class simply for fun, and I guess I went off a little. sorry. :oops:

Snipers are pretty important. If you can pick off the medic when they attack, it usually pisses them off like crazy. Also taking down a heavy with one shot helps a lot too.

Snipers are pretty important. If you can pick off the medic when they attack, it usually pisses them off like crazy. Also taking down a heavy with one shot helps a lot too.

Oh yeah, I agree wholeheartedly with Joe. Nothing blunts an enemy offensive quite as effectively as a sniper's bullet. You don't want many snipers, but having a couple is vital to an effective defense strategy. Though they are less useful on the offensive, having a sniper back up the forward push can sometimes push the tide of victory in favor of the aggressor.

Another use is to use the Sniper to pick off the Engineer fixing the sentry guns so that the soldiers or demomen can properly dispose of them.

There's lots of effective uses for a good Sniper, it's just that it requires some foresight and sometimes it's highly situational. As Effef said, the only time you really run into a problem is if you get a sniper who can't hit anything. By all means, if you have fun with the class and you're contributing to the team effort, play it!