OCR TF2 Team: Gametime 9 PM EST on OCR server MWF + some weekends

zircon

Wow, I'm really disappointed in the Pyro updates. Everything feels so unbalanced now. I really hope things balance out soon because a mediced pyro (I don't even mean an ubered pyro) shouldn't be able to remove a level 2 sentry gun. *sigh*

I'm gonna go pout in a corner, listen to Linkin Park, and update my blog! </emo>

So I just added the new admins, and changed the map rotation to include Fastlane and Turbine. Also in case people didn't notice, there are now sections on the HLStatsX page for flare gun, backburner, and axetinguisher kills (in the daily awards).

I also changed how people get the reserved slots - my suspicion is at 23/24, only admins are allowed on, so I gave everyone on the list admin, but not all the capabilities like what the full admins get.

Hey Wes, Fastlane is a lot of fun, you just have to make sure you get that middle point, otherwise it's a huuuuuge tug of war until you do. And even once you get it, there's no really good way of keeping it.

Anyway, I can't wait to play some more.

Which is unusual, since my lives as a pyro usually end with lots of people on fire and no one dead but me. This was the first night I've played since the pyro pack came out though, so the removal of damage falloff might've been enough to tip my playstyle from "not quite effective" over to "useful". I also won't discount the possibility that I was just on a lucky streak.

Or it's just a matter of the NeoGAF TF2 regulars that I'm used to playing with being a bit more...competitive. ;)

Actually, looking at the stats, my k:d ratio with you is 1:1, so I couldn't have been torching you too badly.

Well, I just remember many times when I was killing some of your teammates, I'd get scorched by a pyro and it'd always say killed by Sciz :sad: . Some very good players drop by the server at times though...I just hope less pyro whores are around soon.

Also, I'm about to change Hydro for Well. Tell me how it goes everyone, as I won't be around tonight (Liquid Tension Experiment concert)

Edit: Changed Hydro for Well and also changed Fastlane for Badlands. Right now the rotation is:

Goldrush

Badlands

Dustbowl

Goldrush

Well

Dustbowl

Goldrush

Dustbowl

What do people think? The rotation has been like this for the past two-three days with Badlands and Well replaced by the respective earlier maps (Hydro, Fastlane, and Turbine).

Heck, I just like the fact that we are changing maps a lot. I say keep switching maps in and out every few days just to mix things up. First-person shooters start to feel stale once everyone knows every part of a map. For example, I'm sure everyone's realized that I put sentry guns in the same places every time. But don't tell the n00bs!

You guys don't get the benefit of custom servers or extra maps or such though...admin controls are a must.

I'd like an admin setup;

But I prefer matchmaking, and the lack of achievement whores. Sounds like the new weapons kinda break the game.