OCR TF2 Team: Gametime 9 PM EST on OCR server MWF + some weekends

zircon

Well last night was my first time playing the pyro pack and I've got to say I think it's pretty neat, that air blast thing could really be useful if I manage to get better at it. Anyways, being a big demoman fan makes me yearn for the Demo pack to come out sooner than later. I'd really like to see what else would be done for the sticky grenades.

Demos are already some of the most powerful classes in the game. Valve's doing the updates for classes that aren't played enough. First Medic, then Pyro, then maybe Heavy or Scout (though both of those are much easier to find situations for using than the Pyro did).

Also finally broke down and changed my name to [OCR] The Mutericator.

Then uh turn on WinAmp, or at least don't leave your volume on 200. People actually use voicechat to, you know, chat.

I don't actually micspam myself you know, I just like listening to it while I play for some reason. If I want to play a SRS BSNS game Ill go to a non micspam server. Which for me is actually pretty much the OCR server.

For all those who haven't gotten the ubersaw yet: http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=posts&id=1653&cc=US

This means the unlocks happen at 10-15-20 as well (or 10-16-22 if you count the Milestones as achievements).

Awesome. Went on an achievements server and got everything I needed to get all the Medic unlockables - some of them are just unrealistic in normal gameplay.

Alright so tomorrow, I'm going to change Badlands for Gravel Pit. We had some pretty good matches going on today, although it led to the frustration factor being high for me :-x . Sleazy is just too damn good.

Yay!

...I get lost way too easily on Badlands.

Actually, I also switched for ctf_well as well haha.

:o

You are welcome to continue reading my mind if it means you keep catering to my whims and desires.

I really want to try Payload Dustbowl. xD

Speaking of Medics: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/?p=1981

Likewise, I keep hearing good things about it, but ever since I suddenly found myself employed, I haven't had the time to go trawling through TF2 maps as much as I'd like to.

As for the medic story, well, that's why I make a point of trying to uber the guys near the top of the scoreboard. ;p

This may be considered double-posting, but in my defense, it's been 17 hours since I last posted...

Are reserved slots handled by a mod, or is it built in to TF2?

Due to the recently flub at The Planet, which hosts VGMusic's server, we may have substantially more bandwidth there than we used to (2.5TB instead of 1TB)... so I was thinking of setting up a game server there. Possibly TF2, possibly something else (HL2 deathmatch?), but I'm not sure how Source servers handle reserved slots.

Well last night was my first time playing the pyro pack and I've got to say I think it's pretty neat, that air blast thing could really be useful if I manage to get better at it. Anyways, being a big demoman fan makes me yearn for the Demo pack to come out sooner than later. I'd really like to see what else would be done for the sticky grenades.

I dont mind airblast. But i LOVE the backburner. The pyro is so much better now as a general class because of the tweaks made to it. Far more competititve and not just a suicide bomber. Actual tactics to using your primary weapons reason to switch between primary and secondary to take your enemies out. The flare gun is uber in situations where there are a large quanity of snipers.

By a mod - I use BeetlesMod on the server, so it's all handled through there.

After looking around for a bit, I stumbled across 3 addons that did reserved slots: BeetlesMod, Mani Admin, and Basic Admin Tool.

Beetlesmod doesn't seem to be actively maintained.

Mani Admin stops working nearly every time games are updated until the gametypes.txt file is replaced.

Basic Admin Tool requires that MetaMod Source be installed first.

Bleah... I can't make decisions, I'm a president! Still, Beetlesmod seems to be the easiest to install and keep running...

Just to let everyone know, I've been meaning to look into other mods in order to fix the screwy reserved slot system of BeetlesMod - I intend on switching this over to SourceMod's implementation, but this probably won't happen for a few days since I'll be in Philadelphia for the OCR meetup. I've been able to figure out how to give admins with this, but figuring out how to implement the admin menu is another task, as well as to retain the rest of the features that we have with BeetlesMod, i.e. coding everything & setting up scripts.

As for tonight and the next few days, the map rotation will include 2fort and granary.

Bleah... I can't make decisions, I'm a president!

"I was elected to LEAD. Not to READ." - President Schwarzenegger (The Simpsons Movie)

I'm going to pick the Heavy class a lot more now. (Especially if Powerlord continues to keep me healed :razz:) They are way better at taking out Pyros than anything less than a level 3 sentry gun.