OCR TF2 Team: Gametime 9 PM EST on OCR server MWF + some weekends

zircon

Finally have my computer done and despite a kind of crappy wireless card, had a fun one on one with darkesword to break this puppy in this afternoon. Don't know if I'll be able to make the scheduled game in the next few days, but I'll make it a point to join in with you guys when I can. I just need to get used to playing this game again because I suck with all my favourite classes.

There's also SourceMod, which is supposedly the most powerful, but I have no clue how to use it.

Oh, whoops. I decided to test out Basic Admin Tool instead, because I can control its admin list from a MySQL database and thus through PHP.

wheeeeeeee

2z3q73t.jpg

Thanks medics, you guys really rocked that game.

I noticed that the HLstatsX now includes the kill/death images for several map. Pretty sweet, but I'm disappointed that I see less trends than I was hoping for. It looks more randomized than anything.

Well, keep in mind that the Valve deathmaps are comprised of thousands and thousands of kills. For a single player, even a few hundred kills isn't going to result in very strong hotspots if you have any tendency to move around the map.

Damn guys, I'm really enjoying playing on this server. Probably my favorite server that I've found so far: great company, it's speedy, great map selection.

As far as suggestions go, might I suggest Turbine? It's one that I've just recently come in contact with, but it's a lot of fun. It's CTF and pretty small.

wheeeeeeee

2z3q73t.jpg

Thanks medics, you guys really rocked that game.

Well, keep in mind that the Valve deathmaps are comprised of thousands and thousands of kills. For a single player, even a few hundred kills isn't going to result in very strong hotspots if you have any tendency to move around the map.

Those teams DO look pretty stacked... But I don't remember them getting rolled. I thought they were almost drawing par with us. In any case, since the pyro update I haven't been able to see the pings as they appear in that screenshot. I thought it was just a server thing, but apparently not. Any idea why that is for me?

Also, I won't be playing tonight. It's Canada day or some shit around these parts, and I'm told I'm supposed to be social about it. Have fun!

In any case, since the pyro update I haven't been able to see the pings as they appear in that screenshot. I thought it was just a server thing, but apparently not. Any idea why that is for me?

I don't see an option to remove pings from that screen in the game's configuration.

Worst case scenario, before you go to dinner or something, have Steam start a verification of the TF2 files. This can be done from the Steam Games screen:

1. Single-click Team Fortress 2

2. Click the Properties button near the lower-right

3. Click the Local Files tab

4. Click the "Verify integrity of game cache..." button

This causes it to check that all your TF2 files are not corrupted and replaced them if it finds any problems.

I don't see an option to remove pings from that screen in the game's configuration.

Worst case scenario, before you go to dinner or something, have Steam start a verification of the TF2 files. This can be done from the Steam Games screen:

1. Single-click Team Fortress 2

2. Click the Properties button near the lower-right

3. Click the Local Files tab

4. Click the "Verify integrity of game cache..." button

This causes it to check that all your TF2 files are not corrupted and replaced them if it finds any problems.

Thanks man, I'll try this out.

Those teams DO look pretty stacked... But I don't remember them getting rolled. I thought they were almost drawing par with us.

That's the funny thing about it. We got stomped on parts 1 and 2, and it wasn't until you (and...Bahamut, I think) switched over that it started feeling even. And then the whole team just suddenly started slaughtering everything that moved for a few minutes.

Your ping issue is strange but not surprising, given Source's tendency to produce inexplicable bugs for no apparent reason.

As for maps, I'll throw in another vote for Gravel Pit. If custom maps are an option, ctf_casbah is good fun.

So today will mark the first day the server will use SourceMod to handle the admins, as well as the reserved slots (which should fix the reserved slots issue - try to join even if the server is full). If there are any issues with them tonight, please tell me. I will have to figure out how to install/use SourceMod radio down the line, and the advertisements will be gone. Also, I enabled the obnoxious Quake soundbites (i.e. Dominating, Holy Shit!, etc.)

For those with admins, check the first post for details on how to use them via SourceMod. (i.e. saying sm_admin in the console will access the admin menu)

Lastly, I finally looked up how to enable Sudden Death, and enabled it on the server.