OCR TF2 Team: Gametime 9 PM EST on OCR server MWF + some weekends

zircon

Here's an idea. Suck less at fighting demos. Seriously, they are not overpowered. If you run into a cluster of stickies its your fault for not being more cautious, not valve's overpowering of the weapon. There's no difference in that and a sniper headshot, since its both a one shot kill if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Hey! Those are my 2 primary classes!

I'm gonna have to side with the people saying that demos are OP though. Having played around 20 hours of the class in the last 2 weeks, I've got to say that I feel like a pretty big douchebag sometimes whoring sticky kills. Sitting around a corner waiting to detonate is one thing, but offensive demo is ridiculously potent. Being able to detonate a sticky when it's midair in a cluster of people can more often than not take down 1 or 2 people in a single mine. And when you're persued by a pyro or other melee fighter, it's as simple as laying a remote mine at your own feet and backpedalling. The blast not only wreaks havoc, but when you time it right it puts more distance between you. And pipe bombs? Well, anywhere theres a downward incline you can just send barages until some unsuspecting person walks the wrong way, or you can bank them off walls to easily kill engies without the threat of turret fire.

Oh and being able to traverse wide open maps faster than a scout can is nice too. :-P

I'm on vacation right now, so I won't be on for a few more days. Rambo, promise me you'll take good care of my #1 ranking while I'm gone. :<

Heh, it seems the new server settings have made it ridiculously easy to gain points. I've had poor to average nights 3 times now, and moved up 2000 pts over that span. Gaining and losing points is no longer 1 to 1 and there are more points shared throughout an entire team I think (like sentries being built give the entire team 2 points or something??). Also, backstabs and headshots each give additional +1 pts and are recorded for those awards that had always been void in the past.

Anyway, enjoy the vacation!!! Hope to see you back shortly!

Oh and everyone please forgive my double post.

Hey! Those are my 2 primary classes!

I'm gonna have to side with the people saying that demos are OP though. Having played around 20 hours of the class in the last 2 weeks, I've got to say that I feel like a pretty big douchebag sometimes whoring sticky kills. Sitting around a corner waiting to detonate is one thing, but offensive demo is ridiculously potent. Being able to detonate a sticky when it's midair in a cluster of people can more often than not take down 1 or 2 people in a single mine. And when you're persued by a pyro or other melee fighter, it's as simple as laying a remote mine at your own feet and backpedalling. The blast not only wreaks havoc, but when you time it right it puts more distance between you. And pipe bombs? Well, anywhere theres a downward incline you can just send barages until some unsuspecting person walks the wrong way, or you can bank them off walls to easily kill engies without the threat of turret fire.

Oh and being able to traverse wide open maps faster than a scout can is nice too. :-P

So any game with any class that has grenades is bad by the description you gave due to the fact that you can bank grenades off stuff or down hills. Or having detonatable bombs near a group. I don't see any difference than this or if a shoot a rocket near a group of indivuals. Not even crit ones can do a good amount of damage and possibly kill 2 or more if people are clustered up. That's why soldiers work well for me in goldrush, splash damage the fuck out of people near the cart just by hitting the cart with a rocket.

So I am currently looking into the server lag issue, and hopefully will have it fixed by tonight.

Also, tonight the map rotation has 2fort & Fastlane into the mix, unless someone wants to request something else.

Does this mean I can blame the server for me lagging rather than blaming my brother because he just reinstalled his OS and hasn't capped his p2p downloads?

Well, I could anyway, but I suspect the reason I was lagging the past few nights isn't the server...

P.S. Would the people here smack me if I mentioned I'm now running a 32-slot TF2 server with stats?

Does this mean I can blame the server for me lagging rather than blaming my brother because he just reinstalled his OS and hasn't capped his p2p downloads?

Well, I could anyway, but I suspect the reason I was lagging the past few nights isn't the server...

P.S. Would the people here smack me if I mentioned I'm now running a 32-slot TF2 server with stats?

The hell, Aethis has a ridiculous kill-death ratio. And what's the IP address of the server?

The hell, Aethis has a ridiculous kill-death ratio.

Yeah, and this was after I cleared the stats where some of us were farming medic achievements a long time ago.

Aethis was abusing his cousin's account (Cyrus) to do achievement farming.

Since the server's not really being used as of yet (due to lack of interest over at VGMusic), the server's stats are fairly skewed.

Oh, not that anyone here probably cares, but I'm finally getting around to upgrading my computer this week. The new one (which is due to arrive here on Wednesday or Thursday) is not the fatest computer ever, but it should be decent at least, particularly when you consider my current computer has been cobbled together over the years.

The scary part is, it's the first manufacturer-built computer I've actually bought in the 13 years I've owned my own computer.

my kill death ratio used to be .3

im gettin that crap up!

I've been wondering if death to kill ratios count assists... I've been playing medic an awful lot lately, and if that's so, it's going to slaughter my ratio even worse than it was before.

i love how much hp overcharges for their computers.

quad: 210$ retail, you can find them for as cheap as 190 if you don't get the new g0 stepping model...since most people don't even know what that means and as such will never notice the difference

ram: going expensive, about 60$ for ocz plat

hd dvd: they were on sale for like 10 bucks a while back, but who'd even want one? call it 50 bucks on ebay.

burner: 30$~

hd's: no one sells 360g drives, so two 500g drives is like 180 max.

vista: 90$

8500gt: a good one is like 70 bucks, but you can get them for as low as 45$. we'll call it 70, although you can get a good 8600gt for the same price and actually play modern games with it.

motherboard: a way better mobo than you'll get is like 100$ (asus p5n-e). the ones that hp puts in their computers are like 40 bucks if you actually purchased one like it. assuming it's the one i think it is, you can actually buy one for around 42$ through geeks.com, as of a month or two ago.

cheap case w/ bad psu like in the picture: 50$ or so.

hp media center remote: they couldn't pay me to use their crap, hp's optical stuff is worse than trash. never works from more than a foot or two away. it's not even a standard transmitter, it's infrared - and it's about as powerful as the old infrared transmitters on laptops.

total: w/ a better mobo by far, more hd space, better components as a whole, it's not quite 825$ not counting shipping.

kill the hd drive, spend some money on a graphics card, go with better ram, don't get a quad unless you are doing heavy video rendering with multithreading-optimized applications. still a rip, considering this is a used computer that's been 'recertified'.

i love how much hp overcharges for their computers.

quad: 210$ retail, you can find them for as cheap as 190 if you don't get the new g0 stepping model...since most people don't even know what that means and as such will never notice the difference

ram: going expensive, about 60$ for ocz plat

hd dvd: they were on sale for like 10 bucks a while back, but who'd even want one? call it 50 bucks on ebay.

burner: 30$~

hd's: no one sells 360g drives, so two 500g drives is like 180 max.

vista: 90$

8500gt: a good one is like 70 bucks, but you can get them for as low as 45$. we'll call it 70, although you can get a good 8600gt for the same price and actually play modern games with it.

motherboard: a way better mobo than you'll get is like 100$ (asus p5n-e). the ones that hp puts in their computers are like 40 bucks if you actually purchased one like it. assuming it's the one i think it is, you can actually buy one for around 42$ through geeks.com, as of a month or two ago.

cheap case w/ bad psu like in the picture: 50$ or so.

hp media center remote: they couldn't pay me to use their crap, hp's optical stuff is worse than trash. never works from more than a foot or two away. it's not even a standard transmitter, it's infrared - and it's about as powerful as the old infrared transmitters on laptops.

total: w/ a better mobo by far, more hd space, better components as a whole, it's not quite 825$ not counting shipping.

kill the hd drive, spend some money on a graphics card, go with better ram, don't get a quad unless you are doing heavy video rendering with multithreading-optimized applications. still a rip, considering this is a used computer that's been 'recertified'.

ya i spent like 400 more than that hp desktop and i have quite a bit better

$100 of markup is not that bad, guys, especially with the convenience and time savings you get when you don't have to research your parts, wait for them, put it all together, install the OS and drivers, find out your RAM is DOA, get it RMA'd......

Also the HDMI 8500s are quite a bit more expensive, about $80 on Newegg.