MGS... should I..?

Schwaltzvald

So far I've just started to play MGS first game (work/life et cetera) and I've noticed there's a second disc to the first game. Is it a continuation from the first disc or is it something else..?

The original MGS on the PS1 was 2-disc; It's a continuation disc.

Oni: It had the multiplayer and MG1 & 2 on it.

Decided to buy this collection yesterday, though I've gotta find my old PS memory card before I can start MGS. Also got through MGS2 and most of MGS3 this weekend, and both have been really enjoyable.

[MGS2 possible spoiler]I thought it was kinda funny that during the fight with Fortune, I know I hit her several times...a bug or were you actually able to defeat her in that short time? I also died a couple times when attempting to infiltrate shell 1, since I didn't realize you NEEDED the AK to continue, and I didn't really have any idea where it was :P.

[MGS3 possible spoiler]The fight with The End was terrible IMO. I appreciate the idea they had for it, but the execution wasn't good. Of course, going for the stamina kill added to the frustration (which I just didn't have the patience for, after he recovered half of his lost stamina when I lost him one time). It's also kinda tough to transition to MGS3 when you've taken the radar (and suppressors that don't deteriorate) for granted, but a very fun experience nevertheless. The dialogue with Granin was really interesting, as was his REX printout and RAY model.

Overall, I've been really impressed with the story through these games, and especially MGS2 has gotten me excited for MGS4.

[MGS3 possible spoiler]The fight with The End was terrible IMO. I appreciate the idea they had for it, but the execution wasn't good. Of course, going for the stamina kill added to the frustration (which I just didn't have the patience for, after he recovered half of his lost stamina when I lost him one time). It's also kinda tough to transition to MGS3 when you've taken the radar (and suppressors that don't deteriorate) for granted, but a very fun experience nevertheless.

weaking

The End was brilliant

(this is coming from someone that finished extreme mode with no kills)

The End was arguably the best game boss in history IMO.

Stamina kill is really not a factor. As long as you fiddle around with the equipment, you should find out where he is at all times.

Also, you can stamina-kill The End too. Just put spoiled and poisoned foods everywhere and he'll actually kill himself before you really do anything.

The only annoying part is how you'd have to zone in and out constantly though. And the pixelations didn't help, though it was the best PS2 could do.