Editing note modulations in piano roll FL studio

I was wondering if FL studio had a way to modify more than just x-modulation and y-modulation in the piano roll. Or making 3rd party vsts compatible with FL's x and y modulation. I would like to find out if this is possible to increase my workflow. Is this possible in other sequencers? Like modifying the CC values for each note?

untitled-7.jpg

untitled2.jpg

Well, if your synth has internal LFOs, you should be able to do the modulation in there and simply automate the LFO depth/amount in FL itself. Basically, to put any synth control to the FL piano roll, you need to tweak it on your synth, then go to the upper left of the FL wrapper, drop down the arrow menu to "Last Tweaked Parameter", then go to "Edit Events in Piano Roll".

If your synth doesn't support modulation internally, then what you can do is create a Peak Controller on any FL mixer track. Uncheck "mute" in the lower right. Then edit the LFO controls on the peak controller to your satisfaction. Go back to your synth, and then find the parameter you want, go to Last Tweaked Parameter, and then do "Link to Controller" to hook it up to the Peak Controller LFO.

Thanks for the fast reply Andrew, but let me clarify:

In sytrus, I can assign anything I want to use note modulation x and control it using velocity style bars (see 1st picture)

When Using 3rd party vsts that don't support note modulation x/y (see 2nd picture and 3rd picture), It is possible to draw in shapes and achieve the same effect (by using last tweaked parameter)(in fact it is more powerful than the bars because it changes over time, but it is slower to enter)

And a final question, Do other sequencers have little velocity bars below the piano roll (I know reaper and sonar do), but do they also have modulation bars below too?

yea I love those synths with the filter linked to velocity. I guess I wanted to control the automation using bars like you said. I have been thinking about switching to Sonar because I hate FL's automation editor. In that 3rd picture before, is there anyway to reset the value to zero???? When I try to delete the pink wave (put it at 0%), it doesn't work. It always sets the wave as high as the point I started to delete from. Maybe someone could enlighten me on how to delete a simple automation without it becoming a pain in the ass hovering the mouse slowly toward 0% trying not to click -1% or 1%.

• 1 month later...

Due to the way the VSTi, DX and MIDI standards are made, you can't send any per note infomation except for velocity, pitch and whatnot. That means that no, you can't use per note control, except for velocity and so forth.

However, if the plugin supports the Fruity plugin standard, then fruity can use per-note infomation. Hence "note modulation x" and "note modulation y". If the plugin isn't using the fruity standard, then it tells you by changin these to "unsupported parameter 1", as you see.

Possible solutions:

1) Use a fruity plugin instead.

2) If your plugin supports it, rewire velocity (or pitch, or panning) modulation to whatever it is you want to modulate.

3) Learn to use continuous controllers (CC's) like the rest of us. =P