Eat It Jack Thompson Eat It!!!!

Hyperion5182

The media paid every attention to Jack Thompson for the 6+ years since the Columbine incident (elaborating a bit further, web information says he was at it since 1997..)and he had an insane amount of coverage. How many times I wandered onto CNN, Foxnews, MSNBC or any other newsmagazine covering Thompson and his support for videogame censorship, it is simply innumerable. I do not buy your idea that he did not have media exposure. Because that is factually false. Like I said, the millions of actual gamers who know about their games know he is an idiot. But what about all the idiotic non-gamers who are easily swayed by the idea that games in general are harmful? Thompson was just another fuel to the fire. It wasn't successful, but he did nag on the gaming issue for almost a decade. That is NOT insignificant.

You misread my comment completely. Coverage != support. He may have had media exposure, but as a news item in itself. I do not recall a single instance of people en masse supporting him in his efforts, much less one. I do recall people distancing themselves from him though.

By the slimy left tentacle of Cthulhu, I've seen it all now. DarkeSword posted silence.

No, actually, speaking of DarkeSword, I thought he might like to know his sig is wrong now, cuz, y'know, Thicket is, like, posted. And stuff. On OC ReMix. Yep.

Which is to say, where's the NEW awesome in your sig?

You misread my comment completely. Coverage != support. He may have had media exposure, but as a news item in itself. I do not recall a single instance of people en masse supporting him in his efforts, much less one. I do recall people distancing themselves from him though.

Oh yes there were support. Not in any population/community based way but with the mass media actually giving him a fair shake (IMO he doesn't even deserve one even in fairness) and the politicians who sticks like flies to that kind of attention. I fully understand that the normal joes supporting something and the politicians supporting something are different. These types of people who spin misinformation are just dangerous, period. I'm just glad at least one of the spinsters destroyed himself.

PS- Someone actually follows the Geki Rangers? Isn't it all about Go Ongers now?

PS- Someone actually follows the Geki Rangers? Isn't it all about Go Ongers now?

I've seen all of Magiranger, Boukenger, and Gekiranger. While Magi is by far my favorite, Geki was just an amazing show. Jan (GekiRed) was pretty annoying in the beginning--I'm generally not a fan of the fiery-screaming-Red--but he got a lot better as the series progressed, and was less pissed-off than he was happy-go-lucky. Geki is really all about the villains though; Rio and Mele trounce every one of the rangers.

As for Go-Onger, I've seen what T-N's subbed, but to be honest, I'm not really getting into it as much as I want to. I'm always prepared to give a new iteration of the series the benefit of the doubt, but Go-Onger's characters just aren't doing it for me. I'll stick with it for a while and see how it turns out.

As for Kamen Rider: that series is always hit and miss for me. I tried watching Ryuki and Blade and couldn't get past the first few episodes of either one, but I ended up marathoning Kabuto. Den-O I dropped after a few episodes, but I'm sticking with Kiva right now. The dual-timeline storyline is pretty interesting, but to be honest, I'm mainly watching it for Nana Yanagisawa, who plays Megumi. :tomatoface:

Okay, now either everybody's playing along...or this aint THAT kind of joke.

You know....

For THAT time of the month, know what I'm sayin?

gross

OBLIGATORY MESSAGE APPENDED TO THE END OF MY ORIGINAL MESSAGE SO AS TO FULFILL THE TEN CHARACTER LIMIT IMPOSED ON ALL MESSAGES SUBMITTED TO THE OVERCLOCKED REMIX BOARDS ALSO I HAVE DECIDED THAT I AM GOING TO APPEND VARIOUS THINGS TO THIS APPENDEX AS I USE IT FOR FURTHER POSTS MORE AT ELEVEN