OCR00204 - Gauntlet "GAUNTLET!!"

m68030

• 2 months later...

Nice rendition of the Gauntlet theme that makes you feel like you're right in the middle of a very cool dungeon crawl. Worth a download, but not the kind of mix you can listen to for 8 hours straight. Nothing much sticks out, but it's a good remix nonetheless, and a fun ride. Tiny file, so even you 56k-ers (like me) should get it!

• 4 weeks later...

Wow this is something, i viewed gauntlet as a very serious game, and i hear this that sounds like its right out of a circus .. this mix brings a good chuckle, actually a good laugh at the image of "gauntlet outtakes". Wich wuold be sort of funny

The sound is well clear, not too low quality, but the mix doestn stay very faithfull to teh game given its comical value.

Nonetheless, its worth a download, quite funny.

• 6 months later...

Quality. Short and sweet.

To me, this one sounded like the opening theme for a TV show almost. Heh... Imagine Gauntlet the TV show....

The descending fifths part in the middle is probably my favorite part of the Gauntlet theme and I'm not only glad they put it in, but took a break from the oompa-driven feel of the rest of the track to do it justice.

• 1 month later...

Not exactly my cup of tea, but I give it two thumbs up for being original and well done. I would like to see a more sinister sounding Gauntlet mix. Listening to all of these songs is giving me many ideas for cool mixes. I don't know the first thing about mixing, but I am very musically inclined. Maybe I'll start getting into the mixing business myself. I think it would be a lot of fun.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Love it! Love how they brought in the main theme at 0:47! Great sound! I agree that gauntlet bloopers would be a must. This theme stays light and cheery but still has that dark feel of being in a dungeon and fighting for your life. It is very hard to combine those two but this has done a great job of it. This should be the theme song of the jester character from later Gauntlet games.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

The piano definitely feels like Mustin from what I've heard. I love the quirkiness of this mix, it's definitely one of the most bouncy, cartoonish remixes I've ever heard! Not really the kind of thing I would listen to for fun, but I have to admire the effort put in by the remixers and in the end, I have to wonder what kind of hallucinogenic drugs inspired this mix :tomatoface: It's just so... different and unique. Check this out!

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...

The samples don't really make such a difference here, except for the grating… thing… at 0:38. The simple samples just serve to give it a retro feel, which complements its bouncy and cheerful side.

When I got to a stage with this theme in Gauntlet, this is what I heard in my head. This really interpreted it - made a new way of hearing the original, which is a good thing.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00204 - Gauntlet "GAUNTLET!!"
  • 3 months later...

The quirky Burton-like arrangement and cartoony sound was highly amusing and I gotta say, I quite enjoyed it for that. It is a bit short, but for the minute and forty seconds, there was nothing that got on my nerves or put me off at all, so from a 2000's mix standpoint, this is one of the better one's I've heard, and if remade to today's standards and given more time to grow and expand, I bet this would be incredible and super fun (well, more fun than it already is, I mean). Nice work!