Hellgate: London Soundtrack

mattoco

This isn't exactly a new release, and the game may not have the greatest reputation, but like other games of similar dubiety the music in this game is excellent (not that I could expect anything less from Cris Velasco and Sascha Dikiciyan) in setting the mood of a post apocalyptic world where humanity is fighting back from the brink of oblivion, which I think bears sharing. You can check it out and download it on Amazon or read the review on Music4Games.

It's doing better now. It had a shit ton of bugs when it first got released. The patches they're releasing now are fixing a lot of the problems and adding features people have been clambering for, like the mail system and improved UI. They're getting an auction house in the next patch, methinks.

As for the game itself, It's still somewhat repetitive. It's basically Diablo II but with optional first person view. It has a lot of items and I love treasure hunting, so I liked this. Maps are randomized, but still linear. The different classes are pretty cool offer a lot of different styles of game play, so replay exists there. Storyline is pretty minimal. Theres a lot of reading and clicking through text, so you'll just start skipping ahead. Nothing that blows your mind. Also, it's definitely pretty if you got the video card for it.

If you can find it on sale for 20-30 bucks, I'd say its worth it. I blew most of my X-Mas break on the game. They have a subscription service where you get access to more areas and more items, but I wouldn't drop any bones on that, yet.

TL:DR - It's coming along and they're adding stuff all the time. Kinda repetitive. I'd say it's worth 20-30 bucks.

Nekko pretty much sums it up, it's no AAA title but the developers are constantly working on improving it and fixing issues with it. If you're the kind to get addicted to the loot slot machine mechanic, the game will probably be able to hold your interest for a while.

I'm gonna pick it up soon myself. I'm currently playing a little of the single player through my friend's DVD and I must say it is fun. Nothing new or groundbreaking but the core gameplay is solid and, in my opinion, definitely worth the purchase just for the amount that you can play it online even without joining their subscription.