Final Fantasy IV: Echoes of Betrayal, Light of Redemption - History

OceansAndrew

Is there really 2 more weeks left for this project? bLiNd and I just noticed you guys had a FFIV project going on and we didn't even know! I'm sure all the tracks are taken, but bLiNd is interested to be apart of it. Maybe he can do a megamix or something....

Well, this means for existing WIPs, they have to be complete by Nov 1st. It's not the final project completion date. I'm sure OA would love to have him on the project.

You guys are awesome! This is my favorite game of all time and I am simply ecstatic to hear you all are remixing the soundtrack. I hope to hear lots of harp. Oh - and brass! And, and... ok, I'll stop and leave the remixing calls to those with talent, actually doing the remixes.

If anyone's still interested about versions... between the SNES, PS1, and Famicom (the original 'hardtype' one) versions, play the Famicom one - there's an excellent fan translation out there, plus it has the challenge and a few other small bits that were taken out of the SNES version. Look for FF4, not FF2. Just trying so save you all from buying the PS1 version thinking it was the hardtype version (not even close) or an accurate translation (it's better than the SNES's, but the fan translation is best, IMO). I haven't played the other versions... Jade, what's this added bit at the end of the DS version you're talking about? Think it's on YouTube?

Anyway, thanks ahead of time everyone for your work on this album. This is gonna be sweet!

Oh, and fair to say someone really likes Rydia? Haha... album art picture >> 16-bit sprite. Or perhaps I was just too young back then...

You guys are awesome! This is my favorite game of all time and I am simply ecstatic to hear you all are remixing the soundtrack. I hope to hear lots of harp. Oh - and brass! And, and... ok, I'll stop and leave the remixing calls to those with talent, actually doing the remixes.

If anyone's still interested about versions... between the SNES, PS1, and Famicom (the original 'hardtype' one) versions, play the Famicom one - there's an excellent fan translation out there, plus it has the challenge and a few other small bits that were taken out of the SNES version. Look for FF4, not FF2. Just trying so save you all from buying the PS1 version thinking it was the hardtype version (not even close) or an accurate translation (it's better than the SNES's, but the fan translation is best, IMO). I haven't played the other versions... Jade, what's this added bit at the end of the DS version you're talking about? Think it's on YouTube?

Anyway, thanks ahead of time everyone for your work on this album. This is gonna be sweet!

Oh, and fair to say someone really likes Rydia? Haha... album art picture >> 16-bit sprite. Or perhaps I was just too young back then...

hehehe... you're funny. Rydia and Edge are my favorite characters so woohoo! hehe I've played all versions and I think the DS one is the best. I beat the game yesterday. I looked for it at youtube.com on Monday to show Jordan.. I added it to my favorites, but the user deleted it. :( Sorry! If you wanna know what it is, I can tell you.

hehehe... you're funny. Rydia and Edge are my favorite characters so woohoo! hehe I've played all versions and I think the DS one is the best. I beat the game yesterday. I looked for it at youtube.com on Monday to show Jordan.. I added it to my favorites, but the user deleted it. :( Sorry! If you wanna know what it is, I can tell you.

Can you PM me then? Thanks!

DS version is cool. Leveled everyone up to 99, the annihilated Zeromus with Slow and physical attacks (after stealing the Dark Matter of course). Finally got 9999 on Rydia's Mathemagical Minute too. Great version. Also, this looks epic. Great album art (Rydia is hot as usual) and can't wait. Deadline's approachin', people!