Final Fantasy IV: Echoes of Betrayal, Light of Redemption - History

OceansAndrew

Because it comes out in 'episodes'. It's on wiiware in like 9 installments for $8 each. It wouldn't make as much sense to put it out on a DS cart and start including product overhead for a smaller return.

The fact that i'd have to pay $72 to get all the episodes has pretty much turned me off to it, but maybe in the future they will compile it all for a reduced price.

I sadly concur. :( Maybe if I actually had $...but :(

IMO this project should be on the DS! :-P

andrew - i'm pretty sure your misinformed - i don't have a wii but i did some digging before i borrow a friends and this is what i found

For your $8 you get just the main story.

There are 7 add on stories of DLC for 300 pts apiece.

And one final chapter, The Crystals that is 800 pts.

All of the specific character tales can played in any order after you buy them. The Crystals can be played using saved data carried over after completing the main Tale.

It appears as if there will be a few chapters released each month.

Rydia's Tale "The Eidolons Shackled" 6/1/09 300

Yang's Tale "The Master of Fabul" 7/6/09

Palom's Tale "The Mages Voyage" 7/6/09

Edge's Tale "The Pulse of Babil" 7/6/09

Porom's Tale "The Vanished Lunar Whale" 8/3/09

Edward's Tale "Star Crossed Damcyan" 8/3/09

The Lunarian's Tale "The Blue Planet That Was" 8/3/09

The Crystals "The Planet Eater" 9/7/09

Additional chapters are downloadable add-ons.

but what i don't get is that according the wiki there seems like there is more chapters :/

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_IV_the_After:_Tsuki_no_Kikan

Kain Chapter: "Return of the Dragoon"

Gathering Chapter: "The Moon's Gravity"

Final Chapter, Part One: "True Moon"

can anyone clear this up?

but andrew is right about the gameplay - it's only like 12 hours or so atm

nope, i still need to finish the DS version first. I'll get it eventually, I just have lots going on right now. :-D

Speaking of which, I'm playing through it again... after getting to lvl 92 with no tails to show for it. I just got kain back and I'm having some trouble with the wind archfiend. Also, RELEVANT VIDEO!!!

Why didn't you get this guy for a part in the project?

There's a party in my pants. Oh yes.

C'MON JUNLY

She don't swing like that.

So get it off early and in advance. ;-)

I leave you guys alone for two months, and....... well I guess that is a long time, but... yuck!

The other day I decided to break my forum-checking abstention to check this thread out of release impatience, and I got so excited that I (oh, I'm making this too easy to pun, aren't I?) logged on to post here. You guys kick serious ass and I am eagerly looking forward to the album release. Wish I could have been involved somehow, but as a literal fan of both the game and the works of this website I know this album is going to be a complete delight to hear.

So thanks dudes, and rock on.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess game companies call this stage 'going gold', as everything the album is totally complete. Congrats to everyone! :-D

Let's talk IRC listening party- it will be occurring on SUNDAY, JULY 19 AT 6PM EST. It will be in channel #ocrff4release, and we'll do it DoD Paragon style, where a moderator will be running it, and will announce tracks, so everyone can be commenting on the same ones.

Here's an example:

[18:36] OA: QUEUE: 1-05 - Ana(pro)logue (prologue) - Another Soundscape

[18:36] Abadoss: this is so cool, i love IRC!

[18:36] Zircon: that last track needed more cowbell lolz

[18:36] OA: PLAY: 1-05 - Ana(pro)logue (prologue) - Another Soundscape

[18:37] Snappleman: this song is so beautiful, i'm crying

or, you know, something kindof similar to that ;-)

Once it's closer to the actual date, i'll make the announcement in general, so more people can see it, because there will be some cool stuff. Like at the end of each disc, there will be trivia for prizes!

This should be a lot of fun, and a good way for all us internet buddies to celebrate a job well done. I'm proud of all the mixers and people who helped make this happen, now we just need to wait for the release date! :-)

I guess game companies call this stage 'going gold', as everything the album is totally complete. Congrats to everyone! :-D

Let's talk IRC listening party- it will be occurring on SATURDAY, JULY 18 AT 6PM EST. It will be in channel #ocrff4release, and we'll do it DoD Paragon style, where a moderator will be running it, and will announce tracks, so everyone can be commenting on the same ones.

Here's an example:

[18:36] OA: QUEUE: 1-05 - Ana(pro)logue (prologue) - Another Soundscape

[18:36] Abadoss: this is so cool, i love IRC!

[18:36] Zircon: that last track needed more cowbell lolz

[18:36] OA: PLAY: 1-05 - Ana(pro)logue (prologue) - Another Soundscape

[18:37] Snappleman: this song is so beautiful, i'm crying

or, you know, something kindof similar to that ;-)

Once it's closer to the actual date, i'll make the announcement in general, so more people can see it, because there will be some cool stuff. Like at the end of each disc, there will be trivia for prizes!

This should be a lot of fun, and a good way for all us internet buddies to celebrate a job well done. I'm proud of all the mixers and people who helped make this happen, now we just need to wait for the release date! :-)

Sounds like a fun idea, though our panel at Otakon will probably be on Saturday around this time (if it's the same as last year), which means you may miss a lot of people. Me at the least! This is assuming you meant to open this listening party up to everyone and not just the people involved with the project.