pixietricks WINS OurStage March finals: zircon in 3rd, sgx in 4th! Thanks all :D

zircon

\ We'll probably be back next month to nag you for votes again if we all make it into quarterfinals!quote]

If that's the case than fine, we'll just pull our track out of the Techno/Dance/Club competition for April. No use trying to win a forever losing battle.

The next time we compete we'll make sure we have a nation cheering for us.

I can't thank you all enough for your support!!! Congrats, of course, to Andy and Danny who made it all the way to the top - this has truly been an epic month for OCR. And as promised: those of you who joined my OurStage fanclub this past week and voted for me *in the finals*, as I mentioned before, will receive a free digital copy of Origins when it comes out later in the month. Just shoot me an email (mail@jilliangoldin.comSPAM) with your full name and the handle you used to join the club, and I'll verify you through the site.

If you missed out participating this time around, the album will still be released on the 22nd, and preorders are already available!

I will also be making a donation to OCR from the prize money, because it's really because of this community that I've made it this far. You guys rock!

Congrats, Jillian. It was kinda fun, actualy.

I'm not sure it was necessary for them to make you rate every possible pairing in one session, but oh well.

Hopefully you, zircon and sgx will get some well-earned recognition outside OCR through this project.

Good luck to y'all!

\ We'll probably be back next month to nag you for votes again if we all make it into quarterfinals!quote]

If that's the case than fine, we'll just pull our track out of the Techno/Dance/Club competition for April. No use trying to win a forever losing battle.

The next time we compete we'll make sure we have a nation cheering for us.

Nah, I wouldn't not participate...the judging before the quarterfinals is finicky and is hard to influence by telling your fanbase to go vote because they could be judging for hundreds of battles before your song comes up once. I've had a few songs get nowhere. It is likely that we will have months not getting to quarters. I'm in Electronic channel anyways :).

Woo! Congratulations Pixietricks, and also to Zircon and SGX!

I only found out about Ourstage last night when I got Zircon's email about it, but I had a good time judging (I may have lost a couple of hours sleep judging all 666 battles, but that's nothing new ^^) I gave you all "By far's" of course.

Besides your tracks, which I really liked, I also quite liked "I'd fly to the moon", "People and Private Music" and "Tanks Made of Orchids".

I encourage everyone to register for OurStage. If you're a listener, by judging (or simply browsing the top 10 of your favorite genres) you'll almost assuredly discover some great new music. Plus, you'll help promote the best indie artists who might not otherwise get attention. If you're an artist, for exactly $0.00 you get the chance at winning lots of cash, and you get to show off your music to tons of people who might not otherwise hear it. Even if you don't make it to the later rounds, because of the way the system is organized, your song will still be heard all through the month until the end.

All that being said, if you want to vote *only* to support OCR artists (including new entrants like Dhsu, Star Salzman, and Beatdrop) it's a LOT harder before the quarter-finals. There are hundreds of songs per category so it's significantly harder to get to a specific person.

All that being said, if you want to vote *only* to support OCR artists (including new entrants like Dhsu, Star Salzman, and Beatdrop) it's a LOT harder before the quarter-finals. There are hundreds of songs per category so it's significantly harder to get to a specific person.

True, but I just started judging the electronic category for this month and have already heard two of your tracks :).

If you're a listener, by judging (or simply browsing the top 10 of your favorite genres) you'll almost assuredly discover some great new music. Plus, you'll help promote the best indie artists who might not otherwise get attention.

There are hundreds of songs per category so it's significantly harder to get to a specific person.

On that note, I'm really impressed by how they set up the judging process. It really is difficult for any artist to move up by filling the judging pool with their friends/fans/supporters, since you'd have to go through dozens or hundreds of other songs in the process. (I might've actually done just as much good for, say, Sean Cox or a few of the other artists that really stood out, as for the three OCRers who were up.)

It tends to be a good thing across the board. Since, well, if OCRers could win that way, then so could anyone else. It sort of makes that victory all the more worth it. KF

Nutritious: Oh yeah? Awesome :) Thank you! I guess probability can be in our favor sometimes. I also think that the system might give preferential treatment to higher-ranked tracks, in terms of playing them more, so more people can have a say on whether they deserve to be higher ranked or not.

Kizyr: Agreed... while having OCR's support in the finals was definitely cool, I can't imagine that more than 40 or 50 people from here actually signed up to help vote. One of the other bands in the finals had over 150 fans registered in his fanclub (definitely more than me or Jill, almost more than both of us combined.) But even that considered, according to Daniel Palmer (founder of the site), there were literally millions of votes cast last month, a record number.

In the pool of 37 songs in the finals, if you were voting explicitly to help pixie, zircon, and sgx, there were only 36+35+34=105 out of 666 judgings that included at least one of those songs, which is just under 16%, so the fact that you three all did so well isn't attributed to fan votes alone.

According to this message Zircon and Jillian will be recieving some cool promotions, and suprisingly we are included.:) We have no idea what the promotions involve though.

Check it out.

OurStage is making fans, and our artists must be praised

"Last week we issued a serious challenge to our artists: Recruit your fans to join OurStage and we’ll give props to the tops with awesome promotionals. This list of elites rose to the occasion and brought fans in droves. It helps us. It helps them. Check them out, then emulate them by making fans of your own, please"

Link: http://www.ourstage.com/profile/danielpalmer/posts