OCR00943 - *YES* Sonic the Hedgehog 3 'Her Azure Eyes'

djpretzel

Hello DJ Pretzel!

I have a mix I'd like to submit. It's called "Her Azure Eyes," and is a ReMix of Azure Lake Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog 3. This a shorter version of this mix was originally written for the IronMix challege, a mixing contest a few of the forum members and I do every week or so. The entire mix took me about five hours to do over the course of two friday nights.

It's a dance/trance tune, but it's a bit more happy than usual, as it uses a flute and some nice strings.

I'd like this creditted to DarkeSword.

Thank you.

~Shariq Ansari, aka DarkeSword

Sounds really good to my ears. The one thing I would suggest is to give the drums more of a presence in the mix, and maybe do some EQ work to crank up the bass a little. But, I can tell you were going for a more lighthearted trance feeling, and maybe that would get too far away from that. But I digress... overall, I enjoyed this enough to give it a YES.

Yeah, definitely happiness in abundance in this one...

The drums, specifically the kick, definitely feel very left in the background. Maybe a bit more thorough mastering next time could help remedy that.

Well, besides the fact that the happiness is really starting to bug me, I think I'm going to pass this one. The strings and flutes in combination with the arrangement are really the only things that make this listenable for me. Other than that, it's pretty bland, generic stuff. I'm not a big fan of the bass... it's kind of like a semi-distorted square wave. Bleh.

So, not something I personally enjoy, but I know other people will (I'm picky about trance music), so this gets a

YES