OCR01696 - Final Fantasy VII "Yet Even More Fighting"

djpretzel

Absolutely killer mix. The amount of turnarounds and little mini-riffs in here is amazing. Nice original section material as well, keeps this very unique to itself, and gives a bit of a rocking breather before getting back to business.

I think some of the synths are a little too verbed, as there is the wall in front, then some distance, then synths. I think moving a few synths slightly forward would have made it all fit together even better.

Ending is a bit too abrupt, but overall this is a super ass-kicking track. I love it.

I hope your arm heals soon. We need more of your guitar. :-(

I do like the energy and upbeat nature of the mix. There's lots of good ideas here and clearly lots of future potiental for Kidd Cabbage. That said, the piece didn't ring with me quite as much as I'd hoped. Not to say I actively dislike it, but it's not really my thing, I guess.

With that on the field, there is a lot to say that's positive about the mix. Faithful adaptation of the source material, high energy with lots of creative takes on oft remixed songs, solid pacing, and overall good sound quality. I'd definitely recommend the piece to others, even if I wasn't a huge fan of it personally.

Good work, KC. Looking forward to seeing more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What an awesome colab of songs in this. Especialy the crazy motorcycle at 1:30. That is probably my favorite remix on VOTL... or the mark of a beatsmith, but anyway I digress. Your remix is something else.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

but you ended it it in the absolute worst way possible. You could have just ended on a power chord on the tonic, or even looped that last bit and faded out (yes even that really would have been better)

I see what you tried to do with unresolved ending to fit with the hectic feel of the arrangement, but it just didn't work

The rest of the piece though.., Amazing...

The best final fantasy Remix I've ever heard

• 8 months later...

Verrrrrry nice Cabbage shreddage.

Varied, frenetic, thrashy. A real good time while it lasts.

The ending is bound to leave people tilting their heads mid-thrash, thinking "Wtf? Who turned the music off?", and for that reason I find it humorous. But for the intent of the music, it just concludes the mix with a big resounding "meh". It's a shame, because as I said, the insanity of it is very entertaining and fulfilling. There is plenty of attention given to the hardcore elements of this mix, like the arrangement and the performance, but not enough given to the basics.

Still, this is an impressive debut, especially since it was required to hold its own during a flood of FF7 mixes. Glad to see it's still as strong as ever.

• 5 months later...

oooh, I like. I'm listening to this for the first time, it's 4:13am in the morning and although my brain is mostly dead I'm nodding my head and tapping my feet and damn this is catchy. It makes me want to choreograph a motorbike chase scene for a movie JUST to suit this music.

I picked up 'Hurry Faster', 'Fighting', 'Crazy Motorcycle'... there wasn't really much of Bombing Mission, if at all :/ maybe this has not been labeled properly?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
there wasn't really much of Bombing Mission, if at all :/ maybe this has not been labeled properly?

Just posting a little late, since I've gotten this response a few times. "Bombing Mission" is the ending section of the song. I changed the time from triplets to a gallop, so it's a little harder to hear it out, but that's it - the 'headbanging' section at the end.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01696 - Final Fantasy VII "Yet Even More Fighting"