My Stop Motion movie

stamper

About the spinning axe : I really launched it and followed it with my camera.

lol

In fact, I was holding the axe myself in the right direction for each position, fingers off screen. I added motion blur in post-production... That was pretty easy to do.

In fact, "noticeable shots" were mostly done quickly and easily, while some "regular shots" were sometimes horribly long to create.

tobmaps, "Clara Sterling" is of course a reference to Thomas harris' Hannibal. I was surprised nobody noticed it before !

Die hard fans will also notice some references to Ridley Scott's movie Hannibal, especially the "Henri's face/off" shot. I'd say Clara has a superficial resemblance to Julianne Moore, but this is only my opinion. :P

Vladimir's line "Me would like you be main course" was written on Lecter's "I'm giving very serious thoughts to eating your wife".

ah, I never did get the chance to watch Hannibal. :) Clara just really reminded me of the Clarice from the old Silence of the Lambs movie, particularly in this Wikipedia image of Jodie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarice_Starling).

Glad to know I wasn't imagining things, though!

You do realize that Silence of the Lambs is one of the Hannibal novels/movies right? Anyways, great film, I love how it's so fluid that it doesn't seem like legos, it seems life like (movement wise and considering they are legos of course.)

EDIT: I reread what both of you had said about Hannibal so just ignore me, I didn't even pay attention to the fact that you were both naming specific actresses.

• 6 months later...

Thanks for all your comments.

I just wanted to say that the movie won an audience award at the Ose ce Court french film festival in Bischheim near Strasburg !

Next step : the festival "7 days for the 7th art" in Colmar, France. The movie will be screened on wednesday october 15th at 8pm.

And last but not least : the International Short Film Festival in Uppsal, Sweden ! The movie will be screened 2 times on october 24th and 25th !

I hope to see some ocremixers there !

Maxime

Thanks for all your comments.

I just wanted to say that the movie won an audience award at the Ose ce Court french film festival in Bischheim near Strasburg !

Next step : the festival "7 days for the 7th art" in Colmar, France. The movie will be screened on wednesday october 15th at 8pm.

And last but not least : the International Short Film Festival in Uppsal, Sweden ! The movie will be screened 2 times on october 24th and 25th !

I hope to see some ocremixers there !

Maxime

Excellent! This movie was really outstanding. Great script, great voices, and great music. Hope to lots MOAR in the future! You gotta make a sequel or something!

It took me about 4 months to get everything right.

I am really glad to see that many people appreciate this short. I'm planning to do a "sequel" (not really a sequel, but a new adventure for Henri & Edmond), which will be bigger, but I really need money and time to do such a thing !

And of course, as I'm a great fan of ocremix.org, I will probably come back here to ask OCremixers to write some songs or remixes for the next episode ! :D