Free FL Orchestral Template v2.0 Released!

EDIT 04/08/2011 The EWQL orchestra pack has expired, so moving that link to the bottom. I plan on incorporating synth1 orchestral percussion to V2. Once that's done, I'll update it to V2.5 or something and edit here.

======================================================

EDIT 7/24/2008: Version 2:

http://cid-dda80e3cb135e034.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/Justin%20Medford%20-%20FL%20Orchestra%20V2a.zip?lc=1033

Still requires downloading Squidfont Orchestral, but not Cadenza:

Link to Squidfont, which is the bread and butter of this project:

http://soundfonts.darkesword.com Scroll down to Squidfont. (Thanks, DS!)

Tweaked some panning and parameters for better sound quality and organized the various instruments better.

======================================================

Since I've recently moved to a new orchestral library, I thought I'd share my previous FL setup for producing strings or orchestral music. It exclusively utilizes free soundfonts available on sites like hammersound.net (though it looks like it's been hacked lately or something, I wouldn't go there) as well as a couple samples included with FL Studio.

Requirements:

FL Studio 7 and Fruity Soundfont player. If you don't have the soundfont player, you can probably find a plugin at KVRaudio.com.

*EDIT* Links removed for V2.0

I threw together a quick sample inside the project to show you what a full orchestra can sound like. The key here, in my opinion, is liberal use of layers and doubling of parts. If you need a faster attack on the strings, use more cadenza strings. For slower legato, use more squidfont violins.

You'll also notice I use two of the FL Studio default samples for some string sounds. These help to give more body to the strings, while squidfont and cadenza provide the better timbres. Try muting out some of the sounds if you want to hear the difference.

I hope you guys find this useful. Enjoy!

=================================

EWQL demo link gone, but posting V3 here for archive sake:

EDIT 01/03/2010 Version 3.0 Released:

http://cid-dda80e3cb135e034.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/FL%20Orchestra%20Template%20v3.0%20by%20Justin%20Medford.zip

Demo song: (link gone, will replace later)

Link to Squidfont:

http://soundfonts.darkesword.com Scroll down to Squidfont. (Thanks, DS!)

-Added free EWQL orchestra pack and synth1

-New demo song

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for these files, but I have one question. I was able to get all the .sf2 files to work just fine, but I am having some trouble with the Orchestral Template v2.0.flp file. I can get it to load in FL 8, and once its loaded, I can see all the files in it, but when I try to play a file, there isn't any sound.

And since I'm Mr. Nooblet around here, I am assuming its me who is messing things up.

Thanks for these files, but I have one question. I was able to get all the .sf2 files to work just fine, but I am having some trouble with the Orchestral Template v2.0.flp file. I can get it to load in FL 8, and once its loaded, I can see all the files in it, but when I try to play a file, there isn't any sound.

And since I'm Mr. Nooblet around here, I am assuming its me who is messing things up.

Do you have the soundfont player plugin? If you do, and are still having probleems, try saving the project again and emailing it to me: nutritiousmultimedia (at) gmail [dot] com

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...