OCR01697 - Final Fantasy VI "A Day in the Life of a Gambler"

djpretzel

• 1 year later...

Another piano mix from Jon. I'm excited. This one starts out very different from the others and sounds very majestic. However, that doesn't last long before the Guaraldi influence hits, and it hits hard. Love the feel of it! Jon's skill on the piano, both in the performance and the arrangement, has gotten better from his past works! I continue to be impressed with his style. It's also interesting to hear how he mixes the Guaraldi sound with the majestic style about half way through. Very nice combination. Jon has created song that, rhythmically, is quite peppy, but it still sounds very solemn and contemplative. That is a rare gift. Awesome work!

• 2 months later...

Other piano mixes expand, add harmonies, take weird avant-garde spins, or re-arrange the music...

But where this mix (and JJT in general) shines is the fact that a character was created here. The source tune is cool, cute, melodically rich, and has character, yes, but this song actually tells a story. There is no doubt in my mind that the source tune was payed great tribute here, and it's a beautiful thing to hear.

The title is apt, and the movement of the piece fits the 'day in the life' motif perfectly, and the execution of your talent is gorgeous. Really nice stuff.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01697 - Final Fantasy VI "A Day in the Life of a Gambler"