Can't see my new private message

Rayza

I have the same problem, I haven't really been around here for awhile but I got an email saying I got a personal message on ocremix so I thought I'd check it out.

It said what the message said in the email and it didn't look right. Whoever sent the message doesn't seem to exist on the members list, maybe they got caught and their profile got deleted? Whatever the message was I'm pretty sure it was an attempt to get people to download a virus or something.

But I'm not really 100% sure what is going on here.

Yep same here, I got sent an email with the message in it and it is as follows:

BY

You have received a new private message at OverClocked ReMix Forums from natural36dd, entitled "LOLcunts - check it out.".

Image: hxxp:// plentymail.net/lolc/1.jpg

*Click for more*

(hxxp:// plentymail.net/lolc.html)

I thought it was a spammer, but the fact that we can't access the message itself is dodgy. I hope it's not a hack or anything serious.

EDIT: For safety I have changed the actual destinations of the links. Just in case!

That would be quite the disaster for that to happen. Hopefully there is an explanation of how this happened. I always google the url that those messages try to get you to click on, even if I'm 99% sure it's fake, usually that tells me enough and nobody should ever click them.

But it's definitely a spammer who's done it elsewhere, probably got reported and immediately banned I'm guessing. Still the 1 missing message in the inbox is a mystery though.

EDIT: Why can't I delete the message 8-O? I cleaned out my inbox but it's still there.

Go to the Inbox, check the box on the right at checks all the messages in the Inbox, and then go to the bottom and use the drop-down box to mark them all as Read. That'll get rid of the message (it won't even show up in the message count). And since it's spam, you won't miss it.