Remix64 Vol. 3 - Syntax Era

makke

The cream of the crop (if I may say so myself) of the European C64 remixing scene has pulled together and produced a spectacular (if I may say so myself) album, combining classic C64 game tunes with the sound of contemporary 80's mega hits! The CD is produced by Markus 'LMan' Klein (of remix64.com), released by Chris Abbott (c64audio.com) and contains remixes from Romeo Knight, LMan, Makke, Tom Detert, Tron, Moog, Binster, Ziphoid, Boz, Sonic Wanderer, Tonka, Skitz, Trace, Slaygon, iFadeo and even (gasp) a guest appearances here and there from Chris Abbott.

Free clips of all the tracks, as well as information on how to order is available here:

http://www.c64audio.com/productInfo.php?cat=R64SE

How do we get away with this? Well, as always proper royalties are payed to all original composers, so you know your money doesn't end up in the pockets of some greedy executive. Also, no samples were used from the songs we try to mimic. This is a pure scene effort.

And before you start to go all "why should I pay for this yadda-yadda, the Internet's full of free stuff, you money grabbing so-and-so's". First off, most CD-projects like this actually lose money. We do it because it's fun. And second, it's the right thing to do. Make sure the original composers get an extra bonus for the music they've composed, and otherwise let us enjoy free of charge.

Plus, CD's are lovely things! So at least check it out. ;)

Holy shit, this is right up my alley for several reasons...

I'm working on a Sonic & Knuckles Sandopolis mix in a similar manner: Loose Ends style.

I'm a huge Paul Hardcastle fan, especially of his earlier 80's sound; Track 1 hits the spot.

Moments in Love is one of my all-time favorites.

"Syntax Era," whether the reference was intentional or not, takes me back to the classic L.O.N.S. album, "T.I.M.E." One track had that title.

Larry will be all over Track 5.