Super Metroid - Fuzzy Feeling Phauna

-RK-

Did you already submit this song by chance? I think there's a piece called Green Fuzzy Feeling in the To Be judged thread. And this is definitely liberal lol. I think the J's won't like the tremelo string sample, it's kinda low-fi to me. The other samples are good, it's just those strings that seem to drag it down >_>, maybe humanize that harp a bit more. The good thing is that I think the EQ/production is pretty decent.

I'd like to hear this with a cleaner sound, I really like the feel and the arrangement. It feels a bit schizofrenic at times, with fairly raw strings atop crazy filtered synths.

There's source enough, methinks, but this particular source has been sued over and over because it's fairly easy to adapt and/or recognize. Your take on it is interesting, but I'd like to hear it more refined, cleaner and with more of the later melody from the source. I heard a snippet of it towards the end, but there could be more.

Anyway, I like this. I've heard, and have worked on this source enough to make it feel bland and dull, and this is a fresh take on it. Cool, just needs some fixes and tweaks, and some more of the latter parts of the source.

Weird harmonies at the start (once again a piece I don't know as the original), but the only thing that actually sounds bad is the piano chord at 00:14. Or possibly how the string instrument goes up till 0:14. Something there doesn't mesh for me, although what (I think) you're going for is good.

I like how this sounds, although it has trouble catching my complete attention. I get the feeling it's lacking a centre, something which to follow throughout. I don't feel it "resolves" to anything. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it, but it has potential for more.

--Eino