Zelda movie trailer

Nekofrog

http://movies.ign.com/dor/articles/863515/legend-of-zelda-movie-trailer/videos/legendofzelda_filmtrailer_040108.html

Odd that it was released on April Fools Day, it's going to make a lot of people think it's just a joke.

Especially considering the fact that this has actually been around for a lot longer (stills and images have been released for a while).

So speculation is that it is a low-budget indie film. And it'd have to be, Ganon looks terrible.

I have given up on all of humanity. D:

I thought the Mario Bros. movie was horrible... The Zelda video games changed my life... We can't have this kind of crap floating around.

Link looks like a monkey

Zelda looks almost like she was just ripped out of a video game (ie FAKE)

A Ganondorf... well... you know.

And since when was the Triforce just sitting there in the open?

This movie reeks of horribleness...

PLEASE LET IT BE AN APRIL FOOL'S JOKE!!!!!!!!

It's gotta be better than the dragonlance movie...

ANYHOW, the folks here at ocremix should get together and make a zelda movie. The soundtrack could be comprised of sick zelda remixes, and maybe we could actually make a zelda movie that is zelda.

When it comes to a game like Zelda though, I often wonder if you can translate it to film without really making it piss poor. I mean, I'm willing to give the BoTD here and say that maybe Hollywood really IS trying, but they don't have enough to work with, or what they have just really doesn't well, work that well.

How do you take what is essentially a 25 - 30 hour gameplay experience and condense it to fit an hour and a half? What do you cut? How do you cut it? What about pacing? What action scenes should be put in? How the hell do we make a movie filled with dialogue based on a guy who never talks? Why isn't Malon any cuter!? >.<;;

oh no there are inconsistencies with the video game

oh no they got the triforce on the wrong hand

OH NO I'M A GIGANTIC FAGGOT AND THE ONLY WAY I'D BE SATISFIED WITH A MOVIE FROM A VIDEO GAME IS IF IT WAS JUST A VIDEO OF SOMEONE PLAYING THROUGH THE ENTIRE VIDEO GAME BECAUSE OTHERWISE IT'S TOO DIFFERENT AND IT'S GONNA RUIN MY CHILDHOOD OR WHATEVER

the mario bros. movie was awesome. you just have to take it for what it is. movies from games aren't supposed to be true to the video game down to every last detail. it's like, "oh hey, they made a movie out of one of the games I play. this will be interesting to see how they rendered it into a movie." EXPECT it to be different. if it sucks, then oh well, it sucks. it doesn't ruin the video game in any way.

also the whole thing is obviously a very well done april fool's joke, but man, it still got me pumped. i would have loved to see this.

This is just a huge April Fools Joke. The trailers credits says IGN Entertainment. Plus the release date gives it away clearly. The trailer looks good and actually makes me want to see a "real" Zelda movie. IGN really went all out on this one.